• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Anyone w/ Pocket Matterhorn SS Pics?

Warhead

Newly Enlightened
Looking for some pictures of the stainless pocket 3led (or single) Matterhorn. There are good pics on the site, like this http://peakledsolutions.net/images/SS3P.JPG
But I'm looking for a side by side to compare it with something....say an infinity or a keychain Matterhorn? Curious if it fits in the change pocket, too.

Muchas Gracias.

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
It does fit the change pocket on jeans but at an angle. I carry mine daily in my front pocket and don't know it's there. Very nice light! Sorry I can't get any photos for you.

Steve

Warhead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks S.S. Guess I'll just have to order one! How do you like those little "flues" on the back of the body? I noticed the head is different from the aluminum pocket style, also.

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
By "flues" do you mean the flat spots? The flats are on the head and the front and back of the body and do help to keep the light from rolling off a table somewhat. I love the light and you can see I have some other nice lights of much higher cost but this is the one I carry due to it's small size and durability. After a year of carry there is no wear or damage. If I needed more light I would probably carry another light but this one's small diameter just does the trick for me. The extra weight of the SS isn't apparent. I like the design so much that I've been trying to get an identical light in brass with the same machining with no knurling. I saw Peak's new SS Matterhorn lug bodies including the knurled SS body but don't care for their looks compared to my pocket Matterhorn 3-LED high power. The SS pocket body is different from all other Peak lights in the machining- including the other SS Matterhorns as well as all of the aluminum and brass Matterhorns. It uses a smooth body machined from solid stock unlike the keychain version that is made up from machined ends plus SS tubestock.
Steve

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
Thanks. I wonder why they don't give this info on the Peak website?

Warhead

Newly Enlightened
Here we are

Not the best photo ever, but lets you see.
That's a 3led Matterhorn keychain and a single led pocket
Since it doesn't even come to the end of the battery tube, you can use your imagination on swapping them. (they are flush at the tail (screw-in attachment out on keychain ver.))