Luxeon K2 Ultrafire torches

partipilo

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to share my experiences here, I bought one of the K2 Luxeon "Ultrafire" branded torches on Ebay. It runs on 2 cr123a batteries.

It appears to be a naturally anodized light. I'm no expert in this field, but it seems reasonably sturdy. It's got a tailcap clicky switch. The entire finish, fit and feel of it seems very sturdy.

There are well lubricated o-rings on the main head (where the lens is, which I believe is glass) and the tailcap where you change the batteries, but if you remove the entire head assembly, there is not an o-ring there, so I would not expect this to be submersible for very long.

When removing the lens, there is evidence of an anti-reflective coating underneath it. It appears to be glass or Pyrex or something, it doesn't feel like a cheap polycarbonate substance.

Due to its construction, I cannot really tell if its regulated or not. It's not painfully obvious like the 7w Golstons. If anybody out there is daring enough to cut one of these apart to unmask the truth, youre more of a man then me. This thing is so bright, im treasuring it and NOT cutting it apart :)

Photo_122206_002.jpg

Photo_122206_003.jpg

Photo_122206_004.jpg

Photo_122206_005.jpg

Photo_122206_006.jpg

And now the money shot! One of these is a Fenix P1 on a fresh battery, the other is this K2 on fresh batteries. Can you guess which one is which? :)

Photo_122206_001.jpg

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,

From your pics this looks interesting. BTW how much is this torch in ebay? The body design looks similar to an SF unless one looks closely. If you don't mind me saying, your pics looks out of focus could do with some more details.......

Merry Christmas..

partipilo

Newly Enlightened
(BTW, The P1 is the weaker one on the left)

I took the pictures with my cellphone camera. I don't have a decent digital camera handy at the moment. I'll try and make it into the office today and use a better camera there.

I spent a total after shipping of USD $39.12. It shipped from Hong Kong and took a good 2 weeks to arrive. The description on ebay was "Ultrafire K2 LUXEON LED HAIII HA3 Flashlight Torch" so it could really be HA3 anodizing. Sure seems like it.