Why I shouldn't buy an E2

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Why I shouldn\'t buy an E2

After reading all these posts I really want to get an E2 even though I really don't need one. Give me reasons not to buy one. PLEASE I have been spending too much on flashlights.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Re: Why I shouldn\'t buy an E2

Goku you are right you don't need the E2. YOU NEED THE E2e!!!!! I say if you don't have one get one the introduction of the MNO2 makes this a great light. Hope this helps.
rolleyes.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the reply, but what is the MNO2 ?

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry. You're in the wrong place to ask for reasons not to get a flashlight, especially an E2. We only supply reasons to buy lights, not the other one (I mean, why would anyone not want to get a flashlight? Bizarre concept. I can't comprehend it, I'm afraid) Anyway, try your wife/partner/sigificant other. I'm sure they can 'encourage' you not to buy..

Seriously, reasons not to get it?
1. Short run time - only about 70 minutes.
2. Batteries a bit more expensive/less common than most.
3. Lamp is fairly expensive to replace if it blows.
4. If you buy it, you'll want to get more lights.

Umm, thats about it I guess.

Graham

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:

4. If you buy it, you'll want to get more lights.

Graham
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me see, E1 was first, then M2,M3,E2,M3T,M4,E2e,otherM3,D2,G2 few 100cells,10 or so bulbs,few SCs,few holsters,few misc parts, = LOTS OF MONEY

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alex cooper:
Let me see, E1 was first, then M2,M3,E2,M3T,M4,E2e,otherM3,D2,G2 few 100cells,10 or so bulbs,few SCs,few holsters,few misc parts, = LOTS OF MONEY<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>FC,
Are you trying to tell us something here????
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
shocked.gif
TX

Lonewolf

Enlightened

Goku: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> thanks for the reply, but what is the MNO2 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I thought you saw the thread on this topic. It is the new LA(lamp assembly) that SF is releasing for the E2e. It is rated at 25 lumens and 150 minutes.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account

I have a good reason for not buying another Surefire!
grin.gif
....(NO Money)
Because I just bought a Springfield M1A .308 with a Leupold Variax III 3.5X10X50 tactical scope plus some extra gear in a package deal.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Come on guys! He's asking for reasons NOT to buy. I see someone here needs to be the voice of reason.... (besides Graham - helps if I actually read the previous posts...
tongue.gif
)There are actually a couple of reasons to NOT get an E2(e).

1) Will it suit the purpose you intend it for - if not, don't get it. If you're going on a week long hike and you need an in-tent light, the E2(e) won't serve this purpose well. It's just too bright. Also see #2

2) The batteries themselves can be very expensive and difficult to find depending on where you go. If you're up in the Adirondack mountains on your camping trip and you need batteries, the local package store may have AA, C, D cells, but no 123a. If they do, they're going to be very expensive. If you bring your own, bring a lot of them. Until the MN02 becomes available, runtime is only a bit over an hour...

3) If you're concerned with the amount of money you're going to spend and all you want is the bright output, there are less expensive options that put out as much or more light. (SFophiles will argue that the beam quality isn't as good, but sometimes beam quality can be overlooked as long as it's bright) Other options include a Mag 4-D, for about $20 and 4-5 hour runtime, PrincetonTech Surge (you'll have to check on pricing) with AA batts and 2-3 hour runtime, Streamlight Scorpion $35, Legend LX $30, etc. (however those last 2 also take expensive lithium batteries and only run about an hour)

HOWEVER, if you want what is probably the brightest, pants pocket-pocketable light for it's size, you're going to have to buy an E2(e). It is currently in a class of it's own.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account

Good morning Doug
smile.gif
How is that Brinkmann holding up? did you get a run time figured in on that battery? And thanks again for the good review!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good morning, Daniel - you're up early! I haven't had time for a run-time test yet. The weekend was hell... I had to come back to work to get some rest! I'll do it sometime soon and post results.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account

Its 4:44 AM right now, usually I am up at 3 AM for my work, sometimes as early as 1 AM when its really busy, can't you tell? During the seasonal construction season here in Alaska we often work 12 or more hours a day and sunrise can be as early as 3:40 AM
shocked.gif

Thats why I am not here much as well except this early in the morning.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You guys failed me. I placed my order for a E2E today. I gave in to the dark side.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goku:
You guys failed me. I placed my order for a E2E today. I gave in to the dark side.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, I really think you'ld have to say you gave in to The Bright Side.
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
TX (pun intended)

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goku:
You guys failed me. I placed my order for a E2E today. I gave in to the dark side.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? No "thanks" to all these fine folks who successfully talked you out of the E2? I think we need some lovin'! A more helpful group you'll simply never find.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

You guys failed me. I placed my order for a E2E today. I gave in to the dark side.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending on the point of view, some of the people here would probably say we succeeded, actually
rolleyes.gif

Never mind. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the investment. Once you get it you'll understand, and within minutes will be saying to yourself 'Not get one?? What was I thinking!'

Graham