Fenix E0 or E1?

dave43

Newly Enlightened
I need a keychain light with some decent brightness. Is there going to be a big difference between the E0 and E1? Also is the E1 brighter then the ARc AAA-P?

arty

Enlightened
I have an Arc AAA-P and the EO. I gave an E1 to a friend for a present. I couldn't see much difference between the E1 and the ARC, other than the E1 had a ringy beam.
Both were brighter than the EO.
You will have to decide whether the "quality" or reputation of the ARC is worth 2X the money.
I have and ARC on my keychain and an EO on the nightstand.
My friend is happy with the E1.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1 is a bit brighter than the E0.

That said, I would spend the extra cash on the Arc-P...not quite as bright as the E1, but a reliable, high quality, no-frills light that will last forever (my E1 sits in a draw, my Arc-P lives on my neck lanyard).

BTW, the Arc-P is bright enough for any close up tasks in dark conditions.

CFU

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I have is the E1 which I like a lot.

According to Flashlightreviews, the E1 has about 1.5X the total output of the ArcAAA when both are on fresh batteries. The E1 beam is more concentrated so the hotspot lux is about 2.5X that of the Arc AAA.

I like the flat runtime curve of the E1, although the Arc goes longer on an alkaline. I read somewhere that the E1 will run flat for 5+ hours on an AAA E2 lithium which, interestingly, is close to the 5:30 the Arc AAA gets on the same lithium. Given the 50% higher output of the E1, it looks like the E1 squeezes more out of a lithium AAA than the Arc, but get's less out of an alkaline AAA, probably due to its' extreme regulation.

Overall, I really like the AR glass window on the E1 vs. having an exposed LED. I also like dealing with 4sevens' FenixStore: first quality support and service every time.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both, the E1 is definately brighter, the E0 is not quite as bright but does have the advantage of having a much longer runtime