Foxfury Rook
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Coleman 4AA Exponent« Pack-Away«

Default Re: Coleman 4AA Exponent« Pack-Away«

Coleman comes out with cool new lanterns faster than I can go through the first set of batteries on the preceding model.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    A couple reasons actually, mainly size of the batteries, and weight. trying to go ultralight on this unit and still have decent run times, and light output.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Thanks for also sharing this info. Like others have said, we really do apreciate the information. And we do thank you for taking the time to keep us in the loop.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by LowBat View Post
    Coleman comes out with cool new lanterns faster than I can go through the first set of batteries on the preceding model.

Larry, you just are not camping enough!

Last comment on the Watchtower motion detector light --- here's the only alternative I know of to it:
    http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/auto-lamp-p-655.html

got an email back from coleman and they say at the time the cree led lantern was not updated on the site part number for it 4347-701 for cree version
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 276 View Post
    got an email back from coleman and they say at the time the cree led lantern was not updated on the site part number for it 4347-701 for cree version
    Hmmm, that's curious. They did update their site. They took the "95 Lumen CREE XR-E" indication away that was there before, but the part number is still 4347-701. I'm confused by the answer they gave you. If that is the part number for the CREE version, why did they take the CREE indication off the website and left the Luxeon K2 specs?

All I want to know is, if I order the 4AA PackAway on July 2 from the Coleman Web Store, am I going to get a Luxeon K2 or a CREE XR-E?

if i am going to order it i was think of calling there phone number they gave me
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Wow, check out the latest packaway coming in August...exactly what I'm looking for. Wonder if it's early or late in August?

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...tegoryid=26008

Quote Originally Posted by JRNioa View Post
    Wow, check out the latest packaway coming in August...exactly what I'm looking for. Wonder if it's early or late in August?

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...tegoryid=26008
    Early August. August 1 is the planned date.

Quote Originally Posted by luminiferous View Post
    Hmmm, that's curious. They did update their site. They took the "95 Lumen CREE XR-E" indication away that was there before, but the part number is still 4347-701. I'm confused by the answer they gave you. If that is the part number for the CREE version, why did they take the CREE indication off the website and left the Luxeon K2 specs?

All I want to know is, if I order the 4AA PackAway on July 2 from the Coleman Web Store, am I going to get a Luxeon K2 or a CREE XR-E?
    There is a new part number for the CREE unit, I will get it up here tomorrow when my product manager gets back into the office.

Flashaholic*

Christo Pull Hair Re: Coleman 4AA Exponent« Pack-Away«

I ordered one last week and I was sure the description was for a Cree. Then I received one with a K2! How can they change the listing after I order? I even paid more to order directly from Coleman to be sure I got the Cree version. Not cool...

Phredd

Edit:
    Old listing: "Cree XLamp« XR-E LED - 95 Lumens on high setting."
    Last edited by Phredd; 06-19-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd View Post
    I ordered one last week and I was sure the description was for a Cree. Then I received one with a K2! How can they change the listing after I order? I even paid more to order directly from Coleman to be sure I got the Cree version. Not cool...

Phredd

Edit:
    Old listing: "Cree XLamp« XR-E LED - 95 Lumens on high setting."
    Phredd PM me your personal info.

There is a new part number for the CREE unit, I will get it up here tomorrow when my product manager gets back into the office.
    The CREE lantern part number is 2000000264, they are still on track to arrive in the US around August 1.

Flashaholic*

Phredd PM me your personal info.
    PM sent. I contacted customer service and Krista was very courteous. She offered to take it back, but I don't think she's aware of the difference between the Cree and Luxeon.

Phredd

PM sent. I contacted customer service and Krista was very courteous. She offered to take it back, but I don't think she's aware of the difference between the Cree and Luxeon.

Phredd
    got your PM, I will take care of you.

Flashaholic*

got your PM, I will take care of you.
    Thanks. It's very reassuring to deal with a company with such excellent customer service.

Phredd

Thanks. It's very reassuring to deal with a company with such excellent customer service.

Phredd

I just want people happy with the lights and using them. Being the Director over that area gives me some leeway. Hope you will be happy with the lights!

Flashaholic

The CREE lantern part number is 2000000264, they are still on track to arrive in the US around August 1.
    Excellent! Thanks for the clarification.

Blacklight, after August, will there be a cree version of the pack-away lantern that uses AA's... or any cree based lantern that will use AA's?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by filibuster View Post
    Blacklight, after August, will there be a cree version of the pack-away lantern that uses AA's... or any cree based lantern that will use AA's?
    Did you happend to notice the title of the thread?

Below are links for two Coleman Exponent lanterns that will arrive in the US early August and will use the number of AA's denoted by their respective names. The website will be updated to indicate CREE XR-E once these lanterns are available in stores. As noted here by Blacklight "The CREE lantern part number is 2000000264". This is the part number for the CREE XR-E version 4AA Pack-Away Lantern.

Additional info: "Starting with July Shipments of both the MicroPacker, and the 4AA PackAway we will be using CREE XRE Leds. We will be using P3 bins, and then P4 bins as they become available. The product being produced right now has the CREE, so at retail when they hit, you can look for the cree logo to make sure you get one of those. Both lights always had a high, low and strobe."

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...ategoryid=1045

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...ategoryid=1045
    Last edited by luminiferous; 06-23-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Did you happend to notice the title of the thread?
    Doh... my confusion came when Blacklight mentioned the "new" cree based pack-away lantern which uses CR123 cells, I thought that the new lantern was replacing the AA based version which led to my question.

Is this a spotlight?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis22 View Post
    Is this a spotlight?
    No, it's a lantern putting out 360* light.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by curtis22 View Post
    Is this a spotlight?
    Hmmm, forum title has changed and now no longer includes Lanterns in the name. Where do we post now if we want to talk about lanterns?

Super Moderator

Hmmm, forum title has changed and now no longer includes Lanterns in the name. Where do we post now if we want to talk about lanterns?
    You'd see it if you looked in the main index. There's a new Lantern_sub-forum. There's not much in it yet, but I expect Sasha will gradually move relevant threads like this one across to it. There will be a lot of work involved in doing that, so don't expect it to happen all at once.
    Resistance is futile...

Moved to it's new home!
    -"Must control self"-

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman View Post
    Moved to it's new home!
    Now that's what I call service! Thanks, Sig!
    Resistance is futile...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    You'd see it if you looked in the main index. There's a new Lantern_sub-forum. There's not much in it yet, but I expect Sasha will gradually move relevant threads like this one across to it. There will be a lot of work involved in doing that, so don't expect it to happen all at once.
    Thanks guys. Sorry for not reading the announcement sooner.

Hello everyone. I have a quick question. Can the exponent 4AA pack-away use rechargeable NIMH batteries without problems?

Thanks
    Tom

Enlightened

I am using mine with NiMH - Lantern is comparably bright vs. Alkalines. Runtime seems a bit less - as one might expect - but I haven't actually done a timed comparison. -Tom M