Flashaholics Anonymous

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we are all here for one reason, step up to the plate:

My name is logicnerd411(Dan) and I'm a flashaholic.

Next...

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been three days since my last flashlight purchase and I'm getting the shakes
grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
My addiction must be in submission, since I havn`t bought a new light since the summer as far as I can recall! Been sent a few to review (I`m getting there slowly
rolleyes.gif
) but not bought any - and had nothing new arrive at all recently.

Of course the reason I havn`t bought any is that I`m saving for a Maxabeam, or so I keep telling myself. So, maybe my addiction is actually in an advanced stage that few ever reach?
confused.gif
tongue.gif

grift

Enlightened
i had a dang good fix today.
shocked.gif
got a 5w HD cyan in surefire KT1, E1e w/1w HD cyan and 1w HD red, and an adapter to go from E1/E2 to the KT1. UPS drops me off a E2o tommorrow as well. yep im grinning like a possum in a pecimen tree right about now
grin.gif

and btw thnks Don and Wayne Y.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
grift...you are one truly blessed man!

yep, i'm a flashaholic too, but i don't want to change a thing about it! (well, except maybe a little more money to purhcase lights)

dilettante

Newly Enlightened
My addiction started innocently enough. I got a 7-LED Expedition from CCrane as a gift. Then I got CCrane small single lithium AA light. Next, I got a Tikka. Then I found CPF. Then an ARC AAA as a backup for the Tikka. I decided three ARC AAAs would be better than the Tikka. Around that time I also got a Surefire M2 and a Willie Hunt 8-AA conversion for my old Maglite. Since then, I got a Rayovac 3-in-1 for a mod I haven't gotten around to. I just received a sweet E2e Outdoorsman/KL1 combo from Texas tactical Supply and and I have an Eternalight Model 3 on the way . . . and I still "need" a Photon
wink.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
dilettante,
My first LED flashlight was also the C. Crane 7-led. I believe it's made by Tektite. It's still my favorite work light. But it's too expensive for rough service, so I now use the Lightwave 3000. Don't like it as well though because it's an inch longer to accomodate the switch.

My next work light will probably be the streamlight 10 led propolymer. But I'm not a flashaholic. I'm sure there is another explanation for my collection of Arc and Inova and PT lights. I just haven't figured out what it is yet.

dilettante

Newly Enlightened
I hope my Eternalight Ergo satisfies my jones for awhile . . . otherwise I might have to buy an LS. I bought the E2e Outdoorsman and KL1 for the car and camping and backpacking. The LS is small enough for EDC. Maybe I can hold out for the LS2.

I know I have enough lights. I should just delete this site from my favorites list and go cold turkey. I just don't know if I can
wink.gif
shocked.gif

Kirk

Enlightened
The first step to a cure is admitting you have a problem. I don't have a problem! I can stop buying lights anytime I want! I can be a social "flashlighteer". Starting tomorrow (I have to go buy some batteries and bulbs today!) I won't buy any flashlights for the next 2 weeks. I'll show you! I can do it!
Kirk

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I had never considered my flashaholism a real problem until I came here to CPF. So... My name is Gone Jeepin and I'm a flashaholic.

In our defense, I guess it all goes back to that early childhood fear of the dark. Yea, thats it... It was that fear all little children have of the dark. It's not my fault I have to have a source of light or two or three with me at all times. It's not my fault I just keep on buying lights and don't want to know why. Its not my fault that I want to go into the dark (face childhood fears) but carry multiple lights (safety blanket). Yes, we are all just casualties of our earliest childhood fears...
wink.gif

Need that KL3 to arrive for the Z3, need bigger LED light...
grin.gif
Tremors starting again... Better hold ARC "AAA" tight and wait for it to pass.
wink.gif

Tomas

Banned
I'm not a flashaholic! I'm not! I'm NOT!

Wha.jpg

I really needed that Craftsman 2AA I bought two days ago and converted to Opalec! And I need that BB400 that's in the mail!

I fondle^H^H^H^H^H^H use all those lights I have listed and even those I have but didn't list. Really! I do!

I'm not addicted! I can stop any time I want to.

Wait! Nobody leaves 'til I find my Arc AAA UV! Don't move!

Ah! There it is. *sigh*

I'll just sit here with my Opalec/Craftsman.

OK, you can go now.

*click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click*

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tomas:

Your fondling comment makes me think that we should include "fondling appeal" into the CPF rating index that people are discussing.

I feel like Captain Queeg with his 3 ball bearings every time I have my E2 with KL1, an X5 or any ARC LS with 2AA holder in my hand. Slightly larger lights drop in fondling appeal significantly. Asymmeticities like the clip on the incandescent E2 head cause small light fondling appeal to drop as well. I must admit that rattling batteries in the ARC LS also diminish the fondling appeal. (A hard boiled egg can be spun on its axis while a fresh egg with loose materials will flop right down.)

I experience similar tactile ecstacy when I hold a solid metal Big Beam mod handle that is firmly planted on top of a relatively compact metal battery case. My plastic-handled UKE 4D and 8D pistol gripped lights with 18 W bulbs and rechargeable batteries generate no tactile emotional bonding. -- they are simply functionally pleasurable.

Umm.. Pardon me. Scientifically perhaps we should discuss and evaluate certain lights' "fidget tool" functionality effectiveness in assisting us to get through times of stress (or long and boring meetings.)

Tomas

Banned
(Off Topic ... )
Er, Lemlux, maybe we, uh, need another thread to talk about this, eh? *blush*
wink.gif

Seriously, though, the "figet tool factor," "fondle factor," or "fondlability" of a flashlight actually is a real thing. Most commercial product designers recognize it, advertisers, marketing types and artists use it, heck, even the shifter in your car, and the radio's knobs get that consideration.

As a kid I ... Never mind.
wink.gif

tomsig01.gif