If you plan to see Star Trek NEMESIS, PLEASE go see it early!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, if you are at all considering to see NEMESIS, PLEASE go in the Opening three days (Friday, December 13 is the opening day).

I don't consider myself a Trekker, or a Trekie. I just like the show, but I don't wear pointed ears on the weekends, or red and black jump suits!

Based on the trailers that I have seen, and the Showtime 15 minute "Making of" show, and some interviews that I have read, I have a feeling that NEMESIS is going to be the best Star Trek movie of all time.

I also get the distinct impression that NON STAR TREK fans, will really like the movie also. I think it will appeal to any STAR WARS / JAMES BOND movie goer out there.

Why am I asking yall to go and see it early (like in the first 3 days)?

This MAY be the last movie of "THE NEXT GENERATION" characters (Picard, Data, Worf, Riker, Dr. Crusher, Troi, Geordi, and O'Brien (is he in this movie?) HOWEVER, if the box office receipts are very good for the opening weekend, Paramount will probably make another movie with these characters.

So PLEASE consider going to see the movie this weekend, if you are going to go at all.

I am usually someone who waits for a week or two to pass before seeing a movie that I want to see, as I like a less crowded movie theater, but in this case, I will be there for the first show, on Friday Morning!

SFR

Newly Enlightened
Entertainment Tonight devoted its hour long weekend show to Star Trek and showed some clips of the new movie. "Nemesis" looks like it will continue the trend of "even-numbered" blockbusters.

The show mentioned that the look of the new alien race that is introduced, the Remans, is based on the classic horror movie vampire Nosferatu.

STXstills_06.jpg

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been one of those guys that likes to see a movie on opening day (or at least during opening weekend). Why? Not so I can gloat to friends or to beat anybody else to the punch. And not because I'm so desperate to see it that I can't wait. Its because I genuinely believe it improves the movie experience.

When you get a couple hundred people together that are eager to see something, there is excitement in the air and its very contagious (I'm talking more about the big movies that people are eagerly anticipating). Sure, you have to deal with some talking people, more cellphones and pagers, crowds, and lines to leave the parking lot, but I really think its worth it. I guarantee I'll see LOTR II opening day.

I enjoy watching a movie in the comfort of my own home, too...but its just not the same, and nothing compares to opening night.

Anybody else feel this way?

Mark

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice picture!

OH, the actors themselves (Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner) have bluntly asked fans to see the movie early. That is why I am asking!

If you have high speed internet (or can wait a long while for it to download), check out the trailer:

http://www.startrek.com/

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I too felt that excitement when I went to the opening day of Spielberg's original "Jaws"...

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember waiting in line, actually it was waiting in the lobby of the movie theater for many hours to see the 1st Star Trek movie. The whole movie theater was dedicated to showing this one movie, and there must have been thousands of people waiting to see the movie.

Yes it was very exciting!

However, I like to go see it again (if it was a good movie) a couple of weeks later, The theater is only 20-30% full, I can get their early and get my "favorite" seat (Center, center!).

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I drug my buddy to it (Actually he drove his Dodge truck that I'm so enamored with!) today.

I have spent 6 bucks worse, but also certainly better. The new aliens were the thing that made this movie bearable. I'm sorry to say except for the timeless look of Patrick the rest of them are pretty long of tooth.

I kinda dig the Voyager characters and plots.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only review I've seen, gave it a pretty low rateing, but that was just one person's opinion. TX