MH-C490F Questions

bcwang

Enlightened
Hopefully William could help me out with these questions, or if anyone else has experience with this knows.

1. What is the safety timer cutoff time?
2. The charge rate says from 70ma-90ma, what determines the charge rate?

I ask this because I just charged 2 brand new powerex 230ma 9.6v batteries. But it took 4 hours before the light turned green. That seems like an awfully long time, I wonder if both cells missed termination and overcharged until the timer turned it to green.

Thanks!

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
I'm digging up this thread from the deepest part of the cyberspace... :whistle:
Does anyone know if you can charge other 9V batteries with this charger or shall I stick to Powerex ones ?

Many thanks

H

IonicBond

Enlightened
I ask this because I just charged 2 brand new powerex 230ma 9.6v batteries. But it took 4 hours before the light turned green. That seems like an awfully long time, I wonder if both cells missed termination and overcharged until the timer turned it to green.

That is about the correct amount of time with this charger. You didn't miss termination. And sorry for the 7-year old reply gang, but I LOVE this charger for my 9V nimh. Especially with the Maha / Powerex "Imedion" low-self-discharge versions. I use the 8.4v ones, and not the higher rated "true 9v", as most of my equipment balks at the "true" voltages, and were designed for the lower voltages of a somewhat nebulous standard.

This is the ONLY 9v charger I have ever seen that actually charges 9v correctly, instead of just cooking them on a dumb timer, or none at all!