MR Bulk Is Outta Commission...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
A slight hiccup in my schedule has occurred, as I was expecting to be done with the following medical event sooner than has ultimately turned out:

As of 0930 hours this Monday morning I was put under anesthesia for knee arthroscopy -- as of 1230 hours I was awake and by 1430 hours I was home. As with my last operation on the other knee, I had expected that this was to be a minor tear of the medial meniscus (a part of the knee cartilage) and I was looking forward to being up and around on the same day (usually the doctors want you to do weight bearing activities immediately despite the pain).

The Bad News, the procedure took little longer than expected because the good doctor found THREE separate tears in the cartilage. Hence I will be recovering over a slightly lengthier period than expected and will not return to my regular job until after the new year. I will also need be off my feet and keep the knee elevated above my heart for the next two to three days.

However the Good News is that after these two or three days have passed, I will be free to putter around my solder bench and play with flashlight mods, all the way through the holidays and not stopping until I return to work after the new year!

Apparently in every modder's cloud there is an Arctic Silver lining...

Tomas

Banned
At least it was repairable, Mr. Bulk, at least it was repairable.
smile.gif

Some of us, well ...
rolleyes.gif

Take care,
tomsig01.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MR Bulk:
Apparently in every modder's cloud there is an Arctic Silver lining...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">At least your trademark humor is still happily intact
grin.gif

I had torn meniscus surgery too when I was in the armed forces - and they let me watch the proceedings 'live', via a vidcam attached onto the knee probe. It was weird, but I thought it was kinda cool being able to "walk-thru" my own kneecap.

Tank up on the Noni Juice and get well soon, Charlie!
wink.gif

Banshee

Enlightened
Hopes for a speedy and healthy recovery so you can enjoy the holidays ! (and get back to work
smile.gif

Best wishes
Dave

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie, it sounds like you received Kevin's [lambda] ultimate Christmas present:
If I didn't have to go to work, I could get more mods done... [from his sig line]
I wish you well and hope that you are back to 100% in the New Year. I look forward to seeing the posts on the Mr Bulk convalesce Mods.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,

I hope for a LENGTHY, yet painless and fully paid for recovery!

This will give you lots of time to do more mod!

Let's see, my first LGI was the brightest Luxeon Star light that I owned, then when I bought my 2nd one from you, that 2nd one was about 30% brighter than the first one, soooooooo . . .

If you have time to do more LGI's, my 3rd one should be 30% brighter than my second one!!!

Put me down for at least one!

Seriously, get well, enjoy your "rest", and have a great Holiday season.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie, Hope it is pretty painless for you but I know otherwise. Be good, even though that takes the fun out of things. Best wishes to you and your family this holiday.

InTheDark

Enlightened
Hope you feel better soon. I'm waiting to see what you're gonna come up with next, now that you have all this free time. Quadruple 5W light saber?

Bikecop

Newly Enlightened
Charlie,

Hope the surgery was successful. Get well soon, we all "Kneed" your leadership, and your sense of humor!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Mongo

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Bulk-Sorry for the need for surgery. Make sure that you use good footwear-ie:may want to not wander around in your bare feet.Some research suggests that due to the changes in foot to knee (tibial)position without medial (inside)foot support,proper foot support limits irritating torsional forces on the knee.Not medical advise-just my own experience. May help post-op. You are a good man.....Patrick