Lightmeter w/ usb or serial interface?

WildBill

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is an affordable lightmeter w/ a usb or serial interface that you can hook up to your PC and capture the readings on it? I'm thinking of a dedicated station or laptop that could run next to the lightmeter and capture the output and runtime length for a flashlight. That would be a great tool to help compare flashlight to flashlight.

Anyone seen something that could fit this bill?

altis

Newly Enlightened
Dunno of a lightmeter with a computer interface but I've seen plenty of multimeters with one. If you're not worried about the actual light level then you could use something like a light dependent resistor with one.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
Have a look at this. A clone is also available here .

I have an Extech 401036 lightmeter. However, be aware that the operating procedure details within the instruction manual that comes with the lightmeter does not entirely correspond with actual lightmeter usage procedure!! I think the manual has not been updated to coincide with changes to the software that comes with the lightmeter!?

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
Take a look a extech.com They have several light meters w/ pc interface, and you can view/download the data sheets and users manual. If you find one you like, a fast google search will turn up sources at 15% off list. Hope this helps.