OK is my BC-900 Broken or am I Impatient?

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
How long should it take to refresh 4 Energizer 2500 Mah batteries? I set the discharge rate for 350 Mah. It's been going for 24 hours is this too long?
Heli

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
Seems like this discharge portion of the program should only take about 7 hours. What "phase" does it seem to be stuck in? I hope it hasn't been charging this whole time!

Unless you picked a really slow charge rate, but I assume you didn't do that...

(Uh, "refresh" refers to the program that charges fairly quickly, then rests, then discharges, then charges again, right?)

macdude22

Newly Enlightened
Several days at worst, couple days at best. Refresh will charge at 700 mah and discharge at 350 mah with your settings and keep running cycles until it doesn't detect a change in capacity. At best you will have to run through two cycles likely more. By my terrible not precise calculations it will take 12-13 hours to do one cycle at those settings.

macdude22

Newly Enlightened
The BC-900 charges at 2x the discharge rate in refresh mode. Should take about 5 hours at 700 mah I figure.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
macdude22 said:
Several days at worst, couple days at best. Refresh will charge at 700 mah and discharge at 350 mah with your settings and keep running cycles until it doesn't detect a change in capacity. At best you will have to run through two cycles likely more. By my terrible not precise calculations it will take 12-13 hours to do one cycle at those settings.

Thanks for the heads up. How do I tell if its discharging or in the charge portion of the cycle?

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
heliyardsale said:
Thanks for the heads up. How do I tell if its discharging or in the charge portion of the cycle?

It says on the display. The owner's manual is very informative.

coppertrail

Enlightened
The LCD display should show "Discharge" for each respective cell when it's discharging.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
coppertrail said:
The LCD display should show "Discharge" for each respective cell when it's discharging.

Well, it looks like the first batch of cells took 48 hours.... At this rate, I need another 10 of these chargers, or it is going to take 6 months to refresh my cells...