Raw NS Cree vs RAW Cree vs PID-CE

Puppet

Newly Enlightened
There seem to be some confllicting reports here, so can anyone tell me which of these three is the brightest (regardless of the runtime), and which is se cond brightest? Some seem to claim that the Fenix is brighter than the RAW or RAW NS. Others claim the opposite, Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

P

robm

Enlightened
I think it depends what you mean by brightness:
Light intensity at the 'focus' which determines the 'throw' (distance from flashlight at which light intensity in the centre of the beam is at a specific level).
Or total output (in all directions) which maynot be useful if you want 'spot/distance' use.
On top of that in different usage different lights can appear 'brighter' especially if they have different tints.

IMO though my Raw NS Cree (on freshly charged battery) is 'brighter' on high than the P1D-CE (on primary - I have no rechargeable CR123A, and dont know if an RCR would be brighter - I know there are regulation 'issues' with RCR) on high, but not by much, and the tints are different (my Raw is blueish, and the PID-CE is more yellow/softer). Don't have a Raw Cree, so can't compare.

I am sure you will get some better answers from other (more knowledgeable) users, and maybe even some 'numbers' to compare.

Rob

Last edited:

LightScene

Enlightened
Realistically, it doesn't matter which one is brighter as long as they are similar. For example, with the P1D-CE it's not always easy to notice the change in brightness when switching from primary to high, and that represents a significant change in lumens. In actual usage, small differences will be meaningless, especially if the flashlights are very bright like these are.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all three.

Running all three on 3.7v cells...
The Raw and Raw NS are brighter to start with then the P1 but fade to dimmer after about 10mins use. My NS is brighter than my Raw but I think that's just down to the 'LED lottery'. ( Can't call it the Luxeon lottery anymore..)