Votes: 125 67.9%
  • Twisty

Votes: 41 22.3%
  • Whatever

Votes: 18 9.8%

• Total voters

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
If given a choice. Clickys make the flashlight a little longer.

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
SIDE clicky please !! :sold:

spoooooky ... this was posted AFTER i read Lee1959 and MikieHead`s posts !!
WOW now i`m before chanamasala !!!

Last edited:

chanamasala

Enlightened
I'm starting to edge towards twisties because all my Fenix clickies work badly nowadays.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never had a twist switch fail, cannot say the same about click switches. I prefer things to be KISS simple when something that my life may rely upon is concerned. And in my personal experience, they are more reliable, your mileage may vary.

Even the click switch on my L1T is working incorrectly and it is about a month old. Yes, I am sure when he gets back with me 4Sevens will make it right, but that does not change the fact that it is another click switch that has failed.

Now I have the L1T turned on with the clickie, and then the tailcap loosened so I use it as a twistie, more reliable that way...

Last edited:

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
I think it depends on the light.

I prefer Clikie's, but on an AAA EDC where size is important, I will take a twisty.

I like my Fenix L1P with a cliky, but could see a good twisty being OK for 1 handed operation and reduced size.

HHHMMM......... I guess I think they should offer both on a model, so you can (you guessed it) GET BOTH!!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
HEY HEY ITS HENDO said:
SIDE clicky please !! :sold:

Yep! Probably the most natural way for a stranger (to the flashlight) to figure out how to turn on the light when they pick it up.

Makes the flashlight a little wider. Is it any more subject to accidental activation? Hmmm...

Lots of end-clicky lights eliminate tailstand mode.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer click lights that permit momentary-on. I don't mind tail-click lights on small compact flashlights (saves space rather than having them on the back), but I'd prefer side-click for large (C- or D-cell) lights. So my conclusion is that I prefer click lights provided they allow momentary-on, and don't intefere with setting the light tail-down.

LowTEC

Enlightened
I can't work with twisty, whenever I need a flashlight, I need right now, don't want to use both hands to operate a flashlight nor want to fit a flashlight into the right position in my hand so I can turn the twisty single handed slowly. Even more so with the upcoming crap modes flashlights which require you to twist back and forth numerous of times before you can get to your desired brightness. Try that with one hand, and do it quickly 10 times a day :thumbsdow

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
Ideally a twistee head for setting the desired level eg max-min-etc and twistee tailcap to turn on and with momentary operation.... but thats just me

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer clickie for play and twisty for work and EDC.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
ukmike said:
Ideally a twistee head for setting the desired level eg max-min-etc and twistee tailcap to turn on and with momentary operation.... but thats just me
That's exactly what I was thinking. Nice click detent twist to select brightness/mode then a nice tail clickie with a removable extension ring to allow tail-stand or easy activation with a thumb.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
NEITHER!

Something new: Preferably twistys that click into modes as you turn them.

Changing modes by turning in a full circular motion and clicking into a new mode with each quarter turn.

On then off then on then off to cycle modes is annoying. In that case, i'd rather have a simple clicky.

For HI MODE you just rotate it all the way till it clicks like 5 times then you cant turn anymore. Ideally gould be done in one turn motion with both hands. Then same to get back to off. THAT'D BE IDEAL

Plus, that click snap feeling like on a ratchet is addicting haha

Last edited: