Mini Mag AAA Tailcap Switch

SARGeek

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me if this was covered somewhere before but I looked and didn't see anything. I'm trying to find a tailcap switch conversion for a Maglite Mini AAA. I've got tailcap switch for my Maglite AA and love it and would like to see the same for the AAA.
Thanks in advance.

Illum

Flashaholic
I dont think theres any mini-krolls [or mini clickies] in production since mag AA [or minimag] is the most used and most versatile to mod on. :thinking:

perhaps there are, but I dont know, perhaps somehone else will chime in.:ohgeez:

LSX

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the massive thread dig, but I have been doing a lot of googling and am only finding switches suitable for the AA minimag. 7 years on! does anyone know if there is a tail cap switch which will fit the AAA mini mag?

cherokeephil

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me if this was covered somewhere before but I looked and didn't see anything. I'm trying to find a tailcap switch conversion for a Maglite Mini AAA. I've got tailcap switch for my Maglite AA and love it and would like to see the same for the AAA.
Thanks in advance.
just purchased tailcap switch push button for the AAA mini mag (eBay)
TBH, a very poor construction
could not see the logic of opening the barrel twist first by 1/4 of a turn, then clck the on/off switch to activate !

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
just purchased tailcap switch push button for the AAA mini mag (eBay)
TBH, a very poor construction
could not see the logic of opening the barrel twist first by 1/4 of a turn, then clck the on/off switch to activate !
The idea is you leave the head 1/4 turn unscrewed all the time, and only use the switch.

cherokeephil

Newly Enlightened
HI alppg88
Yes, was told exactly the same thing recently.

It means really the switch is permanently on of course. Whether that's a positive or negative, is debateable. There is a way of activating the minimal without turning the barrel

Compare the above to an ordinary torch, which switches on with no further ado just by sliding the with forward. A way around bypassing the barrel twist would be contact strips fitted inside the barrel

Am no electrical engineer, but the following makes more sense relating to an ordinary common garden torch. Perhaps magnate should consider it too

"When the switch of a flashlight is pushed into the ON position, it makes contact between two contact strips, which begin a flow of electricity, powered from the battery. The batteries are connected in such a way that electricity (flow of electrons) runs between the positive and negative electrodes of the battery. The batteries rest atop a small spring that is connected to a contact strip. The contact strip runs down the length of the battery case and makes contact with one side of the switch. There is another flat contact strip on the other side of the switch, which runs to the lamp (light bulb), providing an electrical connection. There is another part connected to the lamp that makes contact with the positive electrode of the top battery, thus completing the circuit to the lamp and completing the generation of electricity"