• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For sale McLuxIII PD (SOLD)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

For sale bone stock HAIII Natural McLuxIII PD.
$225.00.
Some people will ask why am I selling this light. It is surplus to my needs. I have a light that I am looking at that I have a desire for. I am a major proponent of the McLuxIII PD. AFAIAK these are the BEST lights available on the forums today. This light is a modern classic. These lights will not be available for long, This light in particular may not even be available anymore.
I do not beleive there were that many of the Natural HAIII lights made. I am not certain about this.
This light was bought as my backup to my first McLuxIII PD which I still carry today. I have never needed it, as my McLuxIII PD has never failed.
It has sat in the drawer since I bought it. Never taken out of the house.
Is a picture really necessary?
For the most part we know what these look like.
This light is in PERFECT condition as new.
I don't beleive Don has sold these HAIII Nat lights for some time. The finish is very thick and very nice.

This sale may be withdrawn at any time. Selling lights is shaky territory for me. I am very uncomfortable selling this light.
Thanks for reading this.
Yaesumofo

Added:
See the post further down for more information about this light which it turns out isn't totally BONE STOCK.

Oh and I will accept Pay Pal....only. If you are going to use a credit card you need to add 3%.
I will ship via insured Priority mail.
YMF

SOLD SOLD SOLD
MOds feel free to delete this thread!!
TNX Yaesumofo

Last edited:

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
Re: For sale McLuxIII PD

What is the bin and does it have the new style Ti clip?
Thanks.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes it does have the "NEW" clip. (I bought it separately for over $20.00) The clip has been polished (a lot o work went into the polishing).
I need to make a correction. The light isn't bone stock.
It has the "New Ti clip which has been polished. The Drive level is also a custom level between 600 and 700mA. The Ti Hex screws were replaced by cross top screws which will not strip. I have done this on most of my PD's.

The light was made for me by Don to have a higher drive level. Somewhere between 600 and 700 mA. No no mean feat. Try to get Don to do a custom drive level today and you will be denied. I Did not remember this. But I found the original e-mail response from Don to my order.

The Bin? I do not remember the exact Bin.
I can say that the tint on this emitter is very nice.
When I compare this light to others. The only standard that I have is an HDS EDC GT 60 (ultimate). This PD is extremely close to my GT 60. It is a very nice white bin with good brightness and a fine tint .

Yaesumofo

toyopet said:
What is the bin and does it have the new style Ti clip?
Thanks.

Telkin

Enlightened

Wow! This is cool! Natural HA and Polished TI clip with a higher drive level? A McGizmo Custom Custom! Such a great price too! I'd totally get it but then my other pd would feel ignored...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

It will either sell within the week or it will go back into the drawer. If anybody is waiting for the price to change, beleive me the only thing the price will do is go up. In other words In a couple of days I will raise the price $20.00. Some times people feel better paying the actual value of things not a discounted price. BTW I will throw in the OLD Ti Clip that came with this light for the purists out there. Otherwise 100 years down the road when antiques road show comes to your grand child's town and they take these strange looking McLuxIII PD's in, the expert will say "well since it is totally stock and unmodified the light is worth much more than one with the "new clip" because so many of these lights were sold with the "new clip" the lights with the original clips will be very much rarer, thus more valuable.

OK I am only being half serious guys. But in a funny way I beleive that in the future WAY down the road, these lights will have a good value. Lets face it we are here at the beginning of an era. The LED flashlight era. I have no idea what an original "antique" flashlight is worth today but I would say it is a safe bet that they sell today for many times what they sold for when new.
Don't get me wrong I am not a speculative collector. I really could care less. Most of my lights see use. Some more than others. This one is special in that it has never seen service. I like using my lights. I have an EDC (A PD). I often carry a secondary light. There is always a light or two in the car, and another one or two in the bailout bag. They all get rotated depending on my needs and moods.
This HAIII Natural I beleive is a little less common that the "slate black" lights that Don produces. All that said, this one is very nice.
Yaesumofo

VerbalK

Newly Enlightened

hi,
if you can ship to france, i'll take it. this would be my first McLux.
if you can, PM me PP info.
thanks

Last edited: