• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Now that SHOT is over, any new Peak light news?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, BentHead.

I was wondering the same thing. I always loved Peak lights, but over the last year it seems they've kind of fallen off the face of the earth---not much in the way of new lights, no Cree buzz (yet), and so much less CPF visibility since MJ left. Any idea what's going on at Peak? I'd love to see more of them around here. I guess, though, it is a good sign that they put up their "first ever" booth at SHOT.

The new products unveiled at SHOT by Peak LED were a prototype five watt tactical light designed for law enforcement and some small Matterhorn bodies for size 10180 and 10280 batteries.

Radically different than anything Peak has designed before, the five watt proto light is sort of longer, kubotan-style, with kroll tailswitch and a thick ringed bezel, all in black HA. The five watt emitter is not yet ready, but two versions of the prototype body/head were available for view at the Peak booth.

The new Matterhorn bodies are ready for release. We're just waiting on the batteries to ship with them. There is a separate thread showing those bodies here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138761

Peak continues to market its lego lights (such as the Pacific). These are capable of various interchangeable battery packs, as well as optional momentary tailswitches. All of these add-on options are currently available.

Robyn states that Curt is still researching the Cree LED and that they will post something fairly soon in that regard.

Sorry fellas, that's all I know. If MJ were still around, she would have no more information to offer than that.

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Troy,
Is the 5 watt LED a LuxeonV? As you would guess, do you have pictures of the prototype so we can imagine what a Cree would do inside?
I was hoping for a two-level Baltic/Pacific myself but I am sure more is to come.

BentHeadTX said:
Thanks Troy,
Is the 5 watt LED a LuxeonV? As you would guess, do you have pictures of the prototype so we can imagine what a Cree would do inside?
I was hoping for a two-level Baltic/Pacific myself but I am sure more is to come.

The head looks like it would support a Cree, but Curt hasn't informed us as to what kind of LED it will ultimately be. Stupidly, I took NO pics of the protos at SHOT. :ohgeez: I'll see if Robyn can snap a few and post them for us. It really does look like a kubotan.

Robyn said that they're also considering a multi-level switch, but, again, nothing concrete on that yet. I swear CPF will be the FIRST to know when I hear something!