Looks for cheap sources of cr123a batteries in Canada

Varroa

Newly Enlightened
Anybody know of a good place in Canada to get cr123a batteries cheap? I live in the Ottawa region but I would also consider mail order. I have tried CT, MEC, Walmart, and all of the other big box stores but I find the prices to be too high. Thanks.

mx125

Newly Enlightened
sorry to drag up an old post . . .but did you ever find one? The source is $18/ pair!! I've ordered some at $1 from the US but need one quick and can't stomach the $9/each.

gunga

Flashaholic
I've seen no cheap sources in town.

I can sell you some of mine if you are in Vancouver and want them quick.

If you are not in Vancouver, can't really help you there...

:naughty:

mx125

Newly Enlightened
I've seen no cheap sources in town.

I can sell you some of mine if you are in Vancouver and want them quick.

If you are not in Vancouver, can't really help you there...

:naughty:

I'm in Toronto area..but thanks for the offer! I just noticed that Fenixtactical has Tenergy for $24CAD/10 . . so that's better . . but still a big markup from the $7.50/10 USD they prob get them for. I suppose I will just bite the bullet for a pair, and then order another big bunch from the US.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Try a dollar store. Some of them have surprisingly good selections of different cell types; however, the price is still 2 or 3 times that of a quality cell from a volume seller in the US. fenix-store.com is okay price-wise, plus there's free shipping to Canada.

shoe

Newly Enlightened
Try this site http://www.botac.com/enel3liba10.html im in toronto canada, check to see how much they will charge to ship to canada

20 energizer e2's for $19.99 pretty good deal hope shipping is $10.00 or less

I was eyeballing that myself. The Sanyos as well but I've also come across a LOT of sites listing complaints about the customer service and order accuracy from there. :duh2:

The prices really look good and the U.S. exchange rate is GREAT right now but it looks too good to be true.

mx125

Newly Enlightened
I've realized I can't get anything local so I've resigned myself to getting from the US. Batteryjunction were so helpful and efficient on my first order, that I just ordered a second bunch of Tenergy's for $1 each and a pair of 18650's w/charger. With $17 shipping it works out to approx $28 for 20 CR123 primaries. Not name brand stuff but from the comparisons I've seen . .they're good enough for me.

shoe

Newly Enlightened
I've realized I can't get anything local so I've resigned myself to getting from the US. Batteryjunction were so helpful and efficient on my first order, that I just ordered a second bunch of Tenergy's for $1 each and a pair of 18650's w/charger. With $17 shipping it works out to approx $28 for 20 CR123 primaries. Not name brand stuff but from the comparisons I've seen . .they're good enough for me.

I see that you recently joined the forums, although you could have lurked here for a long time as I once did.

So, just in case you didn't know. 1 CR123A = 3V, 2*CR123A = 6V.
1 - 18650 is about the same size as 2 * CR123A but only 3.7V (4.2 when just charged) so most 6V flashlights will be dimmer when using them.

18650's may also be a little tight in some lights.

mx125

Newly Enlightened
I see that you recently joined the forums, although you could have lurked here for a long time as I once did.

So, just in case you didn't know. 1 CR123A = 3V, 2*CR123A = 6V.
1 - 18650 is about the same size as 2 * CR123A but only 3.7V (4.2 when just charged) so most 6V flashlights will be dimmer when using them.

18650's may also be a little tight in some lights.

Yes. The Lumapower M1 does appear to be a little dimmer in the flashlightreviews summarry but just as useful. i haven't tested it yet, but it seemed like a great runtime at 10-15% less lumens.

Tons of info here, as you say. It was only after diggging around in the reviews etc. that i got turned on to the new breed of light (and the mysterious wonder of the 18650).

shoe

Newly Enlightened
Oh wow. I see that the M1 is a regulated LED.
I was thinking more along the lines of incands. I made an assumption again!

http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/lumapower_m1.htm

Yes, the output is lower but hey, so is the cost to run it! :D

Yes. The Lumapower M1 does appear to be a little dimmer in the flashlightreviews summarry but just as useful. i haven't tested it yet, but it seemed like a great runtime at 10-15% less lumens.

Tons of info here, as you say. It was only after diggging around in the reviews etc. that i got turned on to the new breed of light (and the mysterious wonder of the 18650).

gnurob

Newly Enlightened
Resurrecting an old thread here... has anyone actually found a Canadian online retailer of CR123 (and 18650 batteries)? My local retailers are all asking $12-14 ea.

Links appreciated!

Thanks