Tigerlight story -- Dads are funny things...

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a dad now too, so I shouldn't point my finger, but...

A bit of background:
I recently gave my dad a Tigerlight FBOP. Once upon a time he did battery research so I had it inscribed "Specific Energy / Specific Power", which is a characteristic curve used to compare battery performance. So he's an engineer and he loves the Tigerlight; Got giddy when he saw how bright it was and learned it has NiMH batteries. It always goes with him at night.

Now for the odd part:
When I visit the parent's house, you know how I see it used most? In the kitchen it sits on its flat tail and performs as the world's best and brightest decanting candle!
smile.gif
No kidding. Last night it decanted a '61 Ch. Pape Clement. I have to admit it makes it really easy to see the sediment in those dark bottles, though.
grin.gif

And maybe you thought it was only good
For
Blinding
Other
People

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
LOL, Good story Peter, I am embarrassed to admit and confirm it works very well as a candle. It has allowed me to put off fixing the light switch in my bedroom for the last week. I stand it up on the night stand and use it to read.

I bet there are others guilty of this as well.

Lighthouse

Enlightened
The light is being used in both cases, this is a good thing. An embarassment would be for the lights to not be used at all.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You never know with parent's. I have given them several lights including an E2. The one they like the most? The Radio Shack little florescent that sold for dirt cheap a while ago (not when I bought it). They like the area light for when the power goes off.