Surefire spares carrier?

Soybomb

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I carry an a2 with me and figure its time I throw some spare batteries and maybe a bulb in my bag that I travel with. Just how strurdy is the sc3 carrier? If I toss it in my bag with a can of soup will I find the case cracked and the bulb broken in a month or should it hold up pretty well?

It looks like the ideal solution but if its not that tough I might get a small pelican and make a slot for some 123's, aa's, and a bulb.

Thanks!

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened
I have a heap of them - they are awesome and have a handy lanyard to ensure they tagalong with you.

Otherwise batteries and spare incan lamps on your shelf at home are not usually where you need them most.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I agree with the SC3 Carrier's toughness. I own two and they look as good as the day I got them.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are made of Lexan, and are pretty thick and well-supported. You probably could crack one, but it would take some doing. Think about the "indestructible" Lexan water bottles - these are much thicker and much better supported.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
kelmo said:
I have 3 and they all developed star cracks on the domes.

This tends to happen with A2 lamps in the SC3. I sanded the lamp holder down a couple mm to relieve the pressure.

soffiler

Enlightened
kelmo said:
I have 3 and they all developed star cracks on the domes.

kelmo - you didn't, by any chance, get some sort of harsh chemical on them (such as gasoline, automotive carb or brake cleaner, nail polish remover, etc)? Lexan is wonderful stuff - mechanically, it is nearly indestructible. The Achille's Heel is chemical resistance.