Swapping tailcaps?

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
hey! I was just going to ask this very question...

Good that someone else wonder!

I have a Sonca 3W led with a reverse clicky, I would like to have a momentary first and then concstant light.

The threads is 20mm in diameter

shooter71

Newly Enlightened
ive been looking at the Quiqlite tac1 mini . it has a on/off tail cap but no momentary on/off and i was wondering if SureFire or anybody else made a replacement tailcap to fit it.

Last edited:

Dutch

Enlightened
Depends on which model caps you are curious about.

Aleph and some Vital Gear stuff is swappable with SF E1/2 gear.

Aleph and E1/2 tailcaps are interchangeable.

In addition (outside of tailcaps,) Leef makes adapters that cross model designations among Surefire units. For example, an adapter that allows an M3 head on a C2 body, or a P60 bezel on a an E2 body, etc...

Dutch

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always wondered about the compatibility of threads/parts between SF and other US-brands such as Pelican, Streamlight, and Pentagonlight. I think I asked once and was ignored. Right now I have a Streamlight Scorpion LED head on a Vital Gear FB1 body. This means the threads match perfectly also between the Scorpion and any E-series body!...but it won't work because the E-series body won't go far enough in the Scorpion head to make contact, but at least it fits. I wonder what other things fit. I'm surprised those with various SFs, SLs, PLs, and Pelicans don't get the itch to swap things around just to see. Hopefully someone will.

shooter71

Newly Enlightened
i dont have to have surefire, any aftermarket cap would do ..they are just the only one im familiar with:grin2: