Your first suggestion was right on!

RdlyLite

Enlightened
I am new here and I will be doing quite a bit of following and the first tip you guys gave worked. I have a Mag 2D and needed more light and maintain its head bashing ability. The 3w was recommended and it was worth it! Damn though, I was in the flashlight section of Target for WAY too long. I almost purchased an Inova x3. lol. I had to resist so bad. I even saw a 3milcp spotlight but also reneged. This is sick. lol. Thanks alot guys!

Last edited:

frogs3

Enlightened
It will take time, but the threads and tests on CPF, plus the newest stuff with Cree emitters, etc. will require careful reading if you want to spend $$ wisely and not duplicate what you may already have. Suffer if you must, but READ, as the time is well spent. New models are popping up hourly, so don't get romanced by one brand or another. Remember, many cheap lights cost as much as one very good one that you will enjoy for a long time, and patience is vital. Few of us have these virtues, but I feel the need to at least suggest them.

Welcome to the Hotel California -- you can check out any time you like, but you can NEVER leave. (Eagles)

-HAK

CQB

Enlightened
frogs3 said:
It will take time, but the threads and tests on CPF, plus the newest stuff with Cree emitters, etc. will require careful reading if you want to spend $$ wisely and not duplicate what you may already have. Suffer if you must, but READ, as the time is well spent. New models are popping up hourly, so don't get romanced by one brand or another. Remember, many cheap lights cost as much as one very good one that you will enjoy for a long time, and patience is vital. Few of us have these virtues, but I feel the need to at least suggest them.

Welcome to the Hotel California -- you can check out any time you like, but you can NEVER leave. (Eagles)

-HAK

+1 on this point! During the early stages of flashaholism it is very easy to fall into a buying frenzy - we're talking about a very slippery slope! I've been there, and I still havent quite figured out how to climb back out!

THis hobby is very rewarding, and can be even more so if you do the research first BEFORE investing in brand x or brand y flashlight. There is a wealth of info here on CPF. If I have any regrets it is impulse spending on lights I no longer am interested in.

all the best...
CQB

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you liked the flashlight section at Target, you're gonna be in Heaven once you start ordering parts from the modders here on CPF and start building your own. BTW, that little voice in your head that says "That's flashlight costs too much" or "You don't need another light" will soon be pummelled into submission and shut up.

RdlyLite

Enlightened
My will is strong. LOL. But isn't impulse buying a way of discovering the next great light? lol. Now to some more reading.

thezman

Enlightened
frogs3 said:
It will take time, but the threads and tests on CPF, plus the newest stuff with Cree emitters, etc. will require careful reading if you want to spend $$ wisely

That's just crazy talk. :laughing:

Buy one of everything, you can sort them out later.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Without CPF I wouldn't know what the market has to offer. With patients and sacrificing loads of time to surf around, I managed to acquire the exact lite that I was looking for. It saves cost in the long run and further more there are loads of people with same interests in a common place for sharing knowledge......Long Live CPF

RdlyLite

Enlightened
My family is laughing at my new found "hobby." LOL. So much to learn... So much to light up... So little money... Oh well. :laughing: