Single CR123A Keyring Case

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
*This might be the wrong place to post this. I apologise if this is the case.*

Hello guys,

Been searching through Google and CPF Forums looking for a waterproof case suitable for storing a single CR123A cell. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck. The most promising was the Lexan cases made by JKnight, but I do not believe they are being made anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get a suitable case, so that I may carry a spare cell on my keyring for my Fenix P1D - CE? UK suppliers preferable.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

MikeSalt said:
*This might be the wrong place to post this. I apologise if this is the case.*

Hello guys,

Been searching through Google and CPF Forums looking for a waterproof case suitable for storing a single CR123A cell. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck. The most promising was the Lexan cases made by JKnight, but I do not believe they are being made anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get a suitable case, so that I may carry a spare cell on my keyring for my Fenix P1D - CE? UK suppliers preferable.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike, try: www.countycomm.com

They probably have what you need. :)

You can also try:http://store.advancedmart.com

Last edited:
MikeSalt said:
On countycomm.com, is there a specific CR123A battery holder, or is it the match holder that you refer to? Is it the right size?

I'm not seeing it either. But there IS one somewhere. No, the match holder is too big. It will work, but it's a little too big.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try Walgreens...They have this pill keychain storage thingy, fits a CR123 perfectly and comes in various colors and they have a nice oring at the top making them waterproof. They usually put them in the drugs section.
img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pill5rm.jpg

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Working Link: www.countycomm.com

I did not see anything matching what you want but what a great site, I will definitely go back to grab some stuff.

As for a battery carrier, You could use a Fenix P1 :) It isnt much larger than the battery, its anodized, waterproof, and if need be can be used as an illumination device itself!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone said:
As for a battery carrier, You could use a Fenix P1 :) It isnt much larger than the battery, its anodized, waterproof, and if need be can be used as an illumination device itself!

I've heard that said before, it's not a bad idea at all.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cuso said:
Try Walgreens...They have this pill keychain storage thingy, fits a CR123 perfectly and comes in various colors and they have a nice oring at the top making them waterproof. They usually put them in the drugs section.
img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pill5rm.jpg

I've got a couple of these also and they fit a 123 like a glove. $4.99 IIRC. It's like they were made for this specific purpose!!

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are those Walgreen things made from aluminum? I have one that looks exactly the same, but is made of plastic and is unspeakably lighter than an aluminum one. Also water-sealed, I got it at Long's Drugs if I remember right. Fits a 123A perfectly.

I think the bottom line here is that you should shop your local drug stores, they'll have good answers.

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
Walmart sells keychain containers for pills that are similar to the Walgreens ones. The Walgreens ones are much heavier-duty though, while the WM ones are made of thin aluminum.

DasRonin

Newly Enlightened
After reading about a few infrequent battery fires or such failure, with the CR123A. I am not comfortable putting one in a metal tube. I'd hate to short one out and have it vent fire.

Maybe I am just too careful. I'd like something non-conductive, but the same concept.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
DasRonin said:
After reading about a few infrequent battery fires or such failure, with the CR123A. I am not comfortable putting one in a metal tube. I'd hate to short one out and have it vent fire.

Maybe I am just too careful. I'd like something non-conductive, but the same concept.

Just put in a piece of rubber, stops rattling too. The stuff in bike repair kits is great for this as it usually has a sticky back and is easy to cut to size...

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have plastic ones. The pill carriers can be found at various drug stores, but unfortunately around me, none of the stores had one that would fit a 123A (one I found at CVS was very close, but too short due to the cap not be recessed upward). I got mine from a generous CPFer. I like the plastic ones for the lighter weight. Even w/ the aluminum ones, it won't short as long as the carrier is longer than the battery so the pos will never touch the tube the same time the neg will.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keychain carriers for nitroglycerin heart medication bottles are probably what you'd find work best. Be sure to ask for the ones for bottles, and not just for loose tablets (those are too small). I have a couple for my SF E1e and like them. Got mine at RiteAid, but most larger pharmacies should carry them -- best to make a few telephone calls and save some time. Mine cost under $5 US each and are made of metal with a waterproof (or so they claim) seal. AFAIK, because the container is shorter than the 123 cell, it cannot short. If you are worried, drop in a piece of foam rubber.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is exactly the bottle I have, plastic and o-ring sealed, fits a 123A: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=341688&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?ActiveCat=499^Query=nitro+fresh^Click+to+go+to+search+results..x=0^Click+to+go+to+search+results..y=0^Click+to+go+to+search+results.=submit

Pretty sure this link will not work in Opera. If cutting and pasting the above link into your browser doesn't work, just head to www.cvs.com and in the search box type "nitro fresh". That's the name of this pill fob.