Mosquito net...help needed?

kev1-1

Enlightened
I'm going travelling in a couple of weeks and am looking at getting a Mosquito net. Does any one know if there is anything essential I need in a net? Or is any net as good as the next?
confused.gif
Cheers for any help!
grin.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
silvermans has a cool item in the survival and travel section called "click" don't scratch, it uses a electric current to stop the itch. Sounds like your going to need one of these too.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
Well, I've used them a lot before. Some are softer netting than others. My experience has been that the softer it is, the more flexible and less likely to be torn. Some of them have attachment points in the corners to hang them from rope. I've used those same corners to tie to a dowel rod to make a frame. I get the smalles dowel I can find and use it as kindling for my last fire I have before leaving.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

make sure the bugs can't fit through the holes...?
tongue.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice! Yep, Silvermans has alot of choice. Does any one know any other good web stores for nets? Especially in the UK
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ok, seriously? If you're going to be sleeping in regular size beds, I think it would be worth getting the type that has a rectangular frame tha tcan hang from one point, maybe you'll luck out and there will be something to hang from above the bed if not, a little toothpaste stuck in the hole in the cieling can work..
If you're camping, something lighweight is in order..

Don't let the bedbugs bite..
wink.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Coleman electronic mosquito repeller works just fine. The personal ones us 1AA. Might as well have multiple lines of defense on this. I'm thinking of West Nile Encephalitus Virus, and other exotic, but much deadlier Level 4 viruses that are mosquito borne (the varieties that induce forms of Hemmoragic Fever). Might as well include Ebola here, as nobody knows what the Vector is (carrier), yet.

Ebola is the nastiest we know of (so far): 3 days to frank symptoms. 7-10 days to death. 80 percent mortality rate, and most of the survivors come at the end of the outbreak (fast mutation rate).

The coleman personals come in a 3 pack. The pack I got had one that I couldn't get the switch to function, but other other 2 work okay. The protective field is about 6 feet.

The nets also help keep out spiders, scorpions and such, as well.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Charles,
I picked up one of those Coleman repellers late last summer. What is you experience with them? Do they work well? As you said there are other critters that they are said to repel and I am concerned about more than just mosquitos. There are bigger biting insects like horsefly and deerfly that scare me as well. Thanks.