VG FB1 tailcap switch question

braindoc

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I bought 2 tailcaps which I knew may not work (I really just wanted the clips). 1 worked fine but the other would only light the KL1 head very dimly. I'm new to this, is this a know issue that I can fix? How does one disassemble the tailcap anyway?

Thanks,

braindoc

Vbeez

Enlightened
Hello Braindoc,
Last week a friend of mine brought his KL1 with VG body (new) with same problem, very dim, flickering, sometimes didn't lit up at all. I opened the tail switch assembly using small scissors. Pictures may explain better.

As you see, it's a very small micro switch I don't think will be able to handle KL1 at 800mAH for long. I opened the switch and spray with Philips contact cleaner, well worked well for a while later it flickers again. I suggest change the switch or send it back to the dealer. Or other fellow cpf may have a better suggestion

Renault

braindoc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, this has been helpful. I wonder if problems with durability is the experience of other owners of the VG fb1. Anyway I bought the switches knowing they don't work and I got lucky that one did, so it wasn't the dealer's fault.

vacuum3d

Enlightened
This thread might be of interest to you. FWIW, I've recently fixed one switch for a fellow member here. Although the flickering problem was fixed, I found that the resistance of that switch assembly was unreasonably high. Output was obviously affected.

Latest posts