design your own bumper sticker for $4.95 shipped

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
http://www.makestickers.com/home.asp
I've ordered bumper stickers from them before. After seeing some "No War" signs in the back of car windows, I want to order some kind of patriotic bumper sticker, and not just "God Bless America", but something that supports the military for a change, but I can't seem to find the right words. I was thinking along the lines of "thank a soldier for your freedom". Or maybe just "thank a soldier"?

Max

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Thank a Serviceman!" - "Thank a Veteran!"

(Trying to keep it generic, as there are several service branches "doing their jobs"!

I like it, maybe my slogans aren't the best, but I like your idea! Thanks!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I support our troops...but I'm not for this war.

I've been trying to think up a sticker that would show both ideas. ...don't have a good one yet. Ideas:

Support our troops...no war!
Freedom isn't free...stop terrorism!
Fight for our freedom...no war!

You see, I think Saddam is a horrible tyrant. I wish he was gone. But I don't think we should bomb Iraqis to help free them from their own leader. Bush Sr. already went down the route of encouraging Iraqis to rebel and when they did, we didn't support them and they were crushed by Saddam.

For me...we should be focusing on the terrorism and just keep Iraq within its borders. While we are busy with Iraq, Al Queda will just be using our attack to get more money and more recruits from the muslim world to attack us again. I don't buy that Saddam and Osama are in league with each other. Even on that latest tape Osama complained what a lousy muslim Saddam is. We shouldn't forget, Al Queda didn't need weapons of mass distruction from Iraq to attack us the first time. Next time it could be an oil tanker (ship) or a gasoline tanker (truck) or any number of other commonly available technologies here in the U.S. to attack us.

Sorry for going on and on
smile.gif

I'm still trying to figure out how to say "I support our troops...but don't support this war" in a short space on a bumper.

Maybe I should just use two, one on each side of the bumper.

"Our troops deserve the best" ... "Fight terrorism, not Iraq"

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Conservative stickers
Support our troops...Stomp Saddam

Fight for our freedom...It takes more than words

Other view stickers

I support our troops, no war...Jane Fonda

I'd be against war even if I saw Saddam
riding a nuke like a spotted pony.

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
I've come up with two different bumper stickers using my text on their templates:
soldiers.jpg

This one shows what Saddam thinks of the peace activists:
Saddam.jpg

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Onyx, learn Arabic or die? I think I'd like to go on living. If I didn't die learning Spanish in elementary school, I sure won't die learning Arabic in California...

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Empath:
Onyx,
Are you now suggesting that we fight a war to destroy Islamics?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I support what president Bush said on September 20th, 2001: Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated.
We are already fighting a war against militant Islamists, which are those who say to us by their actions: "convert to Islam or die". Such militant Islamists are enemies of the United States, and of freedom, and, I would like to think, of civilization. I don't have a problem with most Muslims (97%), but the ones who think that I should convert to Islam or die, I find them fairly annoying.
Max

Empath

Flashaholic
Agent, your reasoning may be more than a religious war, but my question was in regard to supporting a war based on the suggestion to check on what's in the Koran.

I find any support I offer to President Bush is purely incidental, and sometimes in spite of him.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Might be a good idea to learn Arabic.

At the least, you would know what the guys behind the counter at the local convenient store were saying about you.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Diesel, fine with me, give me liberty or go kill Patrick Henry; who lived to be 63 years old, by the way, a ripe old age for his time, 1799...

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Originally posted by Empath:
Onyx,
Are you now suggesting that we fight a war to destroy Islamics?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My first post was more indicative of my support for a war against Iraq, where the Islamic religion dominates. If it was misunderstood, let me clear it up: to all anti-war protestors, go start learning Arabic and living the Islamic lifestyle, cos that's what will happen if Iraq is allowed to continue supplying muslim fundamentalists with the tools to which creates public scare and fear (note I avoid use of terror) among Western nations, and eventually all of 'us' will end up under 'their' rule.

As for my comment re: the Koran, having read it (albeit only the English translated version), I honestly cannot see how/why any sensible person with sound logic can claim to support that religion. Yes, I am anti-Islam - label me as that if you will... But I just can't personally comprehend how the murder of a wife/daughter is justified under any circumstances, or even that 1 gender of the human race is 'above' another. It's all pretty clear in that 'holy book' if anyone has read it.

If you want to bomb my house, PM me I'll send you my address.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
Onyx, learn Arabic or die? I think I'd like to go on living. If I didn't die learning Spanish in elementary school, I sure won't die learning Arabic in California...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry Ted but...
Patrick Henry said it best, "Give me liberty or give me death."

Read his speech and substitute "Iraq" for "Britian" and "U.N" for "throne". It shows how history repeats itself.

http://www.icresource.com/public_html/CRC/Library/LIB1.html

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
Diesel, fine with me, give me liberty or go kill Patrick Henry; who lived to be 63 years old, by the way, a ripe old age for his time, 1799...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good point Ted. So what you're saying is, if you make the stand and fight the tyrant you are likely to live a long productive life. Welcome aboard.