Government agency flashlight use

tadbik

Enlightened
I understand that a certain model of Surefire is issued to all new recruits to the FBI but do members know what flashlights are issued to other government agencies?

Also, are there any modifications made to these flashlights and are there any special markings/ colors etc?

Dave

Size15's

Flashaholic
Dave, I believe the Z2 is issued to by the FBI although I doubt that it's the only SureFire they issue.

As for what flashlights, if any, other Agencies issue - that's an extremely broad question and I doubt you'll get yourself a satisfactory answer.

Al

tadbik

Enlightened
I saw that the Safe Light web site has a photo with the FEMA logo on their flashlight so we can presume that a quantity were made for them.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leave it to FEMA to have a dim light that needs 9 volt batteries. I guess the batteries can always be stolen from peoples smoke alarms - in an emergency. Of course many alarms already have their batteries missing.

I'm beginning to see a pattern to FEMA's (lack of) rationale.

speederino

Enlightened
Always remember, when it's government issue, it's the cheapest of three bidders.

batman

Enlightened
1 army co worker of mine was issued the X200 in Afghanistan and another was issued the A2 aviator w/green LED mode. The Z2 is issued to the FBI and Air marshals.

My friend in US Customs was recently issued the Pelican 2330 LED. About two years ago I had already bought him a SF C3-BK. He tells me that he keeps the C3 in his vest and his Pelican is used for housework!

I also gave him a Mag 6D Incand. I have one myself that I keep in the trunk of my car. He seems to be more excited about the Mag 6D Incand. than the C3, although he also has a SF mounted to his M4 machine gun. :goodjob: LOL

Last edited:

tadbik

Enlightened
"A former CIA contractor broke both agency rules and the law when he used a two-foot-long metal flashlight to beat an Afghan man who later died"

Probably had "Stolen from the CIA" engraved on it!

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
speederino said:
Always remember, when it's government issue, it's the cheapest of three bidders.

Unless one of the bidders was

Hotlinked removed. Please review CPF rules & regs.

Also, keep politics out of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welding Rod

Newly Enlightened
I worked in the Army bomb disposal (EOD) at 4 different permnent duty stations - we got Mini Mags at each station. Cheap *******s.... though I got out in '94 so I don't know what they may use now. Personally I bought my own Mag Charger for duty use, though very few guys did buy their own equipment.