Shot Show 2003 Feb 13- Feb16... Time to Get Serious

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been spending all my free time trying to work out things for our freind Craig/LED Museum. Now that his condition is stable, it's time to get to work on the CPF Get Together .

First off, the Get Together is planned for Saturday Night, Feb 15, the third day of the Shot Show.

For those wondering, Peter G has taken care of the issue of show passes. Prior to Jan 1, 2003, the registration fee is $15 dollars, there after $50. Needless to say, if your are planning on attending the Show, its better to register earlier than later... there is lots and lots to see; I would reccommed planing for a couple of days just to see the show. Beside that, Orlando has tons of attractions (Disney World, Epcot, MGM Studios, Universal.... one could easily spend 2 weeks in Orlando, and not see everything the city has to offer).

The Get Together is/has been in the planning stages for the last few months. There will be food (good stuff, not cold cut deli platters), there will be us CPF members, and there will be some manufactrues/vendors. Trying to work out some fun things like drawings for your favorite lights just as an example. Sorry cannot reveal all the "plans"; surprises are more fun!

Now down to business... for this to work, we need an accurate head count. Who needs rooms, who needs air, who wants rental cars etc etc. If we structure the deal correctly, we can get the hotel/motel to kick in a meeting room for our party (and maybe more). If we can avoid this expense, we can spend the money on better food, better prizes, whatever. On air fare it might possible be able to get a GROUP RATE, etc

NOW is the time to put this together, so please check your calendars

DavidW - David Williams
WaltH - Chip Hopkins
MrTedBear
The LED Museum ??
Graham - Graham Bell (room)
Roy - Roy Bost (room fr sa, su)
jack32088 - Jack Schudel (room)
Eppe's Corner ?
Daniel Ramsey ?
Starlight ?
Quickbeam - Doug
Size 15
Fine Five
Something Ridiculous

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Mr Ted Bear,

At the moment, I believe that I can attend.

I'm 3 hours away, and expect to stay with relatives, so no need for special travel arrangements, basically just the tickets to the show and GT.

It's possible that some of my tribe might want to go as well, gotta go beat the bushes and find out for sure.

Bottom line, it is currently looking like 2 passes for me at the moment. Your informative post did not mention payment schedules. Let me know how, when & where to $end.

Thanks for the behind the scenes work.

Regards,
LH

Harrkev

Enlightened
I live one hour away, so I will almost certainly be able to attend. No air fair or car rental.

I may want a hotel room, depending upon the price. I can always find a room for under $40 on 192.

WaltH

Enlightened
Jeff,
I will definitely be going. Please let me know what you want me to do to help organize this.
I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about the Orlando area.

Thanks,
WaltH
[email protected]

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Show Passes.... as mentioned earlier, Peter G is taking care of these.

The way it works is this.... normally one must possess a FFL (federal firearms license) to attend the show. The passes being offered by Peter G are essentially an "invitation" to attend the show as a "guest" (meaning no FFL required). To attend the the show, one must register. Sorry to be redundant, but early registration before Jan 1st is $15 dollars per person. After Jan 1st, the registration fee is $50 per person.

The registation fee is paid to Reed Exhibitions at time of registration. As I attended last year, I received an email, from them; I only needed to provide my credit card number (all other information was already in their database).

As soon as Peter receives the passes, they will be sent to those wanting to attend.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I will be there!

Al
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Set me straight. Fisrt one register on the Shot Show web site. Then one contacts Peter Gransee to get the pass. Is this correct?

Harrkev

Enlightened
I suppose that this means that we will have to give all of our personal info to Peter G.

I have no problem with this, but I would not do it here on a public forum. Does Peter G. mind being bombarded with a lot of e-mail?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunspot and Harrkev

See the thread "Shot Show 2003 Registration.... It will be much easier to bypass the the VIP tickets, and for everyone to register online.

I would like to concentrate on who will be needing rooms, and trasnportation. Sure everyone can do their own thing, but as a group, we can get better rates, and possibly a "free" meeting room for our party (don't have to trash Walt's place).

The most important thing right now is, who's going to need rooms, and for what days

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Jeff (Mr. Ted Bear) for taking care of this! We are ordering the VIP passes and should have them in December. People may also register online. Either method should work.

The most important thing is to let Jeff know if you are coming. He need this information to reserve facilities.

Peter Gransee

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone with a digital camera volunteer to be the official CPF photographer and post lots of pictures for all the unlucky folk (like me
bluesigh.gif
) who can't attend.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I registered on line. Peter, I'm your new QC Tester. You have my address on file. Please send paycheck ASAP.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
kz1000s1 - David Gennrich

Count me in for the SHOT Show, 1 pass please, and I will be attending the get together. I live an hour away and won't need any acommodations.

Thank you!

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see so many people will be coming. However, I need to know who needs accomodations... hey, if everyone does their own thing, thats OK too, but if we book as a group we can do better

Brock

Flashaholic
Jeff, I am pretty sure I can go (keeping fingers crossed). If I do go I will just need a non-smoking room for my wife Heidi, Kaiser (baby) and I. We will be arriving on the 12th (wed) and leaving the 15th (sat) noon'ish, so I won't be able to get to the "party" sat night. I have to get back up here to work sun morn. So hopefully I will get to meet a bunch of people thurs and fri.

Does anyone know if they allow cameras on the floor? I know most conventions I get to don't allow it, but I am bringing mine with me anyway.