The official SHOT show thread.

Saaby

Flashaholic
The official SHOT show thread.

I'm not there but I thought I'd open this up. Peter had said something about Arc's booth in the Arc forum (It's fine and can stay there) but lets try and keep everything SHOT show related here.

I thought maybe open a new thread because the old one is mostly about getting ready to go and my right brain would like to keep them separate
wink.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
INSIDE SHOTSHOW NEW PRODUCTS!

Maglight has a Chartruse color mini-mag coming out! (I don't even know what color chartruse is!)

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chartruse is a sort of lime green color, I think MagLite already make a lime green MiniMag
icon3.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
PHOTOS!!!!! WE WANT PHOTOS!!!!

At least info on what we´re missing.

C´mon guys don`t keep us in suspense!
wink.gif

Alex

D

**DONOTDELETE**

It is unfortunate that I was not able to make it to Orlando. I just arrived home from another short but busy trip and I'm beat. I'll have to make it another time to meet you all. To those there, enjoy the show and please post accordingly. As mentioned, photos would enhance any updates.

Regards,
KT

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
sHOT 2003: lUXEON sTARS AND LOTSOFKNOCKOFFS

Maglite
(intentionally left blank... nothing new)

Surefire
Had on display in a somewhat sealed case the KL4, KL5, KL6 and KL7. Were not really availabe to play with and shine.
The word is that the KL4,5,6&7 are only the "tip of iceberg" for 2003. I thinhk that preety much co vers the subject of vaporware...
Oh yes, clickie switch for the E series, in about 3 weeks. Nice thing about the new clickie is that it can be used just like the regular switch, lock out and momentary on, twist for full on, and full depression for the clickie on and off

STREAMLIGHT
If you have seen the nuwai? lights from hong kong/china, then you have got a preety good idea of the new series of lights from stream light. It looks to me that they are one and the same, or at least they come from the same factory. I am talking about A2 style lights; single incandescant surrounded by leds [2d cells, 10 leds] 3c cells - 6 leds, 3aa cells -- 3 leds, single 123 - 3 leds
Also, look for a 1watt, and a 5watt LS in the beginning of May

Tigerlight was there, Innova showed the 1x (available fisrt week of March) and their other new light the "24/7". The 1x is the scaled down version of the 5x, measures 3.7 inches, and has a diameter of 0.780 inches. It has a single led
and optical glass lens meaning it is very tightly focused.... Pelican showed the M6 (old news); most dealers should have their inventory within the next two weeks.

CMG has a 1AAA light called the Sonic, described as an Ultra in a smaller case.

Tektite has a one 1 watt LS in a Expedtion 14/19 case

Lite tool has a 1 watt LS, 3D Mag sized

LaserXXX has a 1 watt LS 6p sized

AimShot (they do laser sights for guns) has a very nice 2x123), mutiple kinds of switches, gun mount etc.

Lastly, there was another laser sight company that had a 2x123 that without a doubt, tops the 123 lights for having the tightest, and most focused, and very well defined beam .... Brightnorm, this light was made for you

---------------------------------------
Sorry that this is so short; I some how managed to pickup a virus that has wiped out my display driver blah blah blah

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Jeff,
So, I take that to mean that I'm not missing much; flashlights-wise?
wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
KT,

If you haven't seen the pic's of the new KL's in the 2003 catalog, take a look. You will be very disappointed to see no hex or sharp corners on these new bezels!
twak.gif

- Don

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlight wise... just some new models using the same old technology....BUT just around the corner, 1watt leds capable of 65 - 80 lumens!!!
Whoa, stop and think for a minute... that is more efficient than a flourescent... this is comparable to hids 50watt=3400 lumens.

The next few years should very very interesting for us flashaholics.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Ted Bear,

Are the 1W leds from Lumileds? Are they from Surefire? Can't wait, hope "around the corner" means sometime this year.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
No,ia not from Lumileds.. Surefire is a flashlight manufacture, they buy their LEDs from Lumileds.

The new sources are Taiwan ans China, but don't count out Lumileds and Nichia

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...You will be very disappointed to see no hex or sharp corners on these new bezels!"

Why....I am deeply disappointed.
grin.gif
wink.gif

No more sharp pointy edges to criticize. Where will I go, what will I do?
icon15.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the 10X. Musta been pretty tired from the last trip. I'm OK now. Let's see. Where was I...aboouuut that fraaaagiiile bezel...
winkie.GIF

DLG

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know the availability date for the CMG Sonic mentioned in a previous post?

I checked their website and there was no mention of it.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
No,ia not from Lumileds.. Surefire is a flashlight manufacture, they buy their LEDs from Lumileds.

The new sources are Taiwan ans China, but don't count out Lumileds and Nichia
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe Cree as well?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Had on display in a somewhat sealed case the KL4, KL5, KL6 and KL7.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Was it discussed whether the KL4-7 were definitely 5 Watt Luxeon heads? The Sonic sounds interesting. Direct competition to the Arc AAA which has been non existent thus far.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
CMG introduces Sonic to compete againt the Arc AAA and Inova introduces the X1 to compete against the Ultra.....interesting.

Saaby

Flashaholic
So we're about the only ones at SHOT for (Mostly) the lights, not the guns right? He he...