• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

7-UP coming soon? What is that?

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Here is what you can read in MrR-16XR reflector description :

"Specially designed 16mm Reflector for the Cree XR-E. Works with 7-up which is coming soon."

:drool: What is that 7-UP?! Will it be a heatsink for seven XR-E emitters? For Mag modding? Some other animal? When is it going to be released?

Just to give you an idea, seven P4 bin XR-E running at 700mA will put out about... 1000 lumens :devil: :naughty:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah Kenster, I'we seen those amazing mods by McGizmo, cmacclel and also Milkspit :drool:

7 P4 WC Crees in a SF M6 host is one of the most desirable mod ever IMO
Prestigious and tough host, crazy bright and white... :rock: :rock: :rock:

I can't afford it now, but one day my friend, one day...

I'm just wondering what kind of animal is under this "coming soon" at the Shoppe. Just a heatsink? A whole light?

C'mon Wayne, tell us more!!

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, it hasn't been *that* long that I wrote this line, I can't believe we're already getting Q5 bins :twothumbs

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was plans at one point to make a 7 up Metal Core PCB for the Cree XRE, but, it has not gone anywhere.

Instead, there is the thin PCB flower for the Rebel which is a smaller footprint and when coupled with the 10mm Rebel refector will fit in smaller heads. The width across the the array is only ~1.2". Lots of clearance in the Mag which measures close to 2" across.

I have not seen any sales on the thin PCBs. Don't know why. They enable you to mount the Rebel on something small and have great thermal management. Thin PCBs can be shaped with scissors.

The Rebel thin PCB 7 up can be cut to create a tri-cluster and that is what I did to make two tri-heads for my soldering station lighting.

You can see the full thin pcb in the background and the cut up version in front of it in the picture below.

t640_tri-rebel02.jpg

The mod is documented here.

Wayne

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,

Is there any update to the "7-up"? Coupled with 7 McR-16XR reflectors, Shark/Remora Assy, and a whole lot of power would make a nice M@g mod!