Any 'Top Gear' fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leduk

Enlightened
The "crash" episode aired this week. Richard Hammond's crash at over 280Mph in a jet powered car whilst attempting to break the UK land speed record.

I'm amazed he only suffered brain damage.

Not sure what I think about it all.

Cheers

Arkayne

Enlightened
I'm a big fan and I got my fiance got hooked on it by showing her last season's episode where they had to make boats out of a truck/van/convertible. She was laughing so hard I got worried! Since then, we've watched all episodes since season 4.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really...but I like Clarkson for his totally un-PC outbursts and attitude.
thumbsup.gif

CFU

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the show, hope it never ends, why cant we get cinematography like that is more shows....

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had the sack to attempt that in my daily driver. I especially love it when you see stunt drivers in SUVs hit like 65 mph on a straight road, saw the wheel left-to-right and suddenly they're up on two wheels.

Top Gear's a great show... I mean great show. I have to get my fix by downloading the show though...

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Another Top Gear fan here as well. I couldn't stand the previous series of Fifth Gear. Its good to see them driving but...man Top Gear's quality and content is hard to match.

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Make that Porsche Carrera GT a $400,000+ car. That Porsche is probably one of the best looking modern supercars so far.

WNG

Enlightened
Big fan of Top Gear, it's the best car show on the planet. Hugely entertaining, speaks to the car nut in us but doesn't take itself too seriously, and that's its appeal to the broader audience. Although Jeremy's bashing of American cars gets a bit biased for the sake of laughs.

I got my girlfriend into it too. And her kids. They laughed their heads off with the Winter Olympics Special.

The Hampster is VERY lucky to be alive. I 'm glad he's making a near full recovery and is back on the show. As weeks after his crash, a young teenaged girl professional jet dragster racer lost her life during a demonstration run, here in the 'States. She was killed in front of her family in the stands. She suffered a similar mechanical failure.
:-(

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
This car was featured on Top Gear sometime ago. Makes the Bugatti Veyron look like your gran's shopping cart. And it only costs a seventh as much.

www.caparo-t1.com

This would have been a very short thread if you had asked who does NOT like Top Gear. It is a fantastic show. The Hamster's return was handled brilliantly!

DM51

Flashaholic
That is v. clever - how do you create those perpetual mini-movies? (Sorry - off topic I know).

LukeK

Enlightened
I'm a huge fan of Top Gear. I always find their shows wildly entertaining. They seem to be able to take cars that I'm not interested in and review them in a way that keeps my attention.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Top Gear is one of the worlds best car shows, not when it comes to giving objective and extensive reviews of new cars, but rather being extremely well put together. The directing, filming and editing of the tests should be the benchmark for the TV industry.

What I don't like is that after season 3-4 somewhere, the show is becoming more and more over-produced. I get the feeling that all middle/fill-out talk is scripted and rehearsed too. In the trans-continental contests, everything is too exciting. I mean come on! When James May flew across a couple of countries, the air control just happen to let him fly across the alps, causing them to just land in time to catch a train. And they just about always end up a couple of minutes after each other on 10-hour journeys. Smells like Braniac-bogus to me.

*cynic mode off*

Still, I watch every show and get a warm feeling in my stomach when the editors have gone crazy and over-done every cut in a car test.

Status
Not open for further replies.