• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mediterranean and 2 Matterhorns

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

Just wanted to share the excitement :paypal:
I just placed a new order at Peak: 2 Matterhorns and 1 Mediterranean (complete with 2AA body and momentary switch). I even got Robyn on the phone:goodjob:. Real good service. It was long since I bought a new light (over 1 complete month! :awman:) and I am really really excited to get the Mediterranean.

To be honest, I wanted the smaller Glacier Bay but after checking out this forum, it seems the Mediterranean is better suited for my purposes: RCR123 cells and long lighting sessions (about 1 hour, usually to light up the shower when I wash...:rolleyes:).

Is it normal for a 42 year old man to be so excited over the purchase of a flashlight? Allow me to doubt that. I'm seriously beginning to question myself :ohgeez:. When I had Robyn on the phone I was far more nervous than at my work when I have a large account on the phone. At this moment my heart is beating faster than normal and I am smoking one cigarette after another.
The holiday I have fixed in april: I got no further than planning the flashlights (that's where the Mediterranean came in. After a long and profound study, I guess you definitely need one in dark Africa). I had to let my girlfriend do all the holiday planning as I always ended up with flashlight ideas :ohgeez:

With these "final" Peaks, it may well be that my small "collection" is complete by now and I may never buy another light :laughing:

...sorry for ranting...

Kind regards,
Joris

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joris...just a quick FYI concerning the Glacier Bay; you CAN use RCR123's in the Glacier Bay. It won't be as bright as the Mediterranean, but will have significantly better run-time. I've had two Glacier Bays in the past, and ran RCR123's in both of them without a problem. Either way, with the Med or the GB, I think you'll be VERY satisfied with your purchase!

PJD

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
22hornet said:
Thanks for the info, PJD. Are those the 3.0 volt or the 3.7 volt rechargeables you are using ?

Kind regards,
Joris

They're the 3.7 volt...

PJD