UltraFire CREE C2

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My orders just missed the release of the UF Cree lights!

Dae just introduced a bunch of K2 stuff into QualityChinaGoods and Szwholesale and then today this release:
http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/ultrafirereg-cree-glass-lens-regulated-p-541.html

Does anyone have any output information?

It sure looks like a Cree with the apparent ring around the emitter. I have requested LUX readings from QCG, at least they will be comparable, principle of realativity, to the other models they have listed.

EDIT:
I got a reply before anyone else posted here>
1800 LUX at 1 meter. Rather disappointing. I expected better from the Cree
That idicates many of the other models, especially the one called 18w at 2000 LUX are brighter.
I have tested the 18w and it beats the other models and our old friend the Golston.
That tight beam of the Cree must be difficult to harness effectively?

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hotspot in beamshot looks to be relatively wide, and it has a stippled reflector so maybe the extra Cree output is spread around the beam instead of all in the hotspot. Wouldn't be disappointed quite yet (also depends on run time)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's a nice looking one! Geez, Kyle's dealextreme, Kai's kaidomain, and now Dae's QCG are all offering very attractive Cree (and SSC) based lights. Argh...too much stuff I like...I'm getting overwhelmed again. Uh oh...may just go back to knives for a while till lights settle down...I can't afford to buy everything!

x2x3x2

Banned
That looks like a Wolf Eyes body with the wider reflector, is it?

If it is, it would be cool since we can then use Wolf Eyes incan modules.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
1800 LUX at 1 meter. Rather disappointing. I expected better from the Cree
low lux just show that there is no thight spot, nothing else.
From my (few) modding attempts with cree emitters, I got the feeling, that larger refelctors just dont work (while they are good with the Luxeons). No wonder to me, that such a large head does not give optimum results.

x2x3x2

Banned
Anyone has recieved or ordered this light yet?

The site says it's regulated, can anyone confirm this? If it is indeed regulated, at what current is the Cree driven at?

Also the head and tail seems similar to the 2x 18650 Xenon Ultrafire.
Hope they will release the C2 with 2x 18650 body. The circuit probably can take it since the current C2 can run 2x RCR123 anyway.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
yellow said:
low lux just show that there is no thight spot, nothing else.
From my (few) modding attempts with cree emitters, I got the feeling, that larger refelctors just dont work (while they are good with the Luxeons). No wonder to me, that such a large head does not give optimum results.

Its all to do with having a reflector of the correct depth to width
ratio.

The reflector in the Lumapower D-mini and M1 throws like crazy.
(nearly 10,000 lux at 1 meter)

x2x3x2

Banned
beefy,

according to the dealer it is in fact regulated, the led module looks very similar to one of the lumapower lights. wont be suprised if they even have the same circuit inside.

I havent done runtime to verify this myself, will do once i recieve the equipment :)