What else do you collect?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of us here on CPF would be considered "collectors" of flashlights by the average non-flashaholic. I have somewhere around 175 or so. But flashlights aren't the only thing I collect. I also collect drive-in theater memorabilia, such as in-car speakers and heaters, tickets, snack bar signs, basically anything that has to do with drive-ins.
I also collect cameras, mostly older American-made ones like Argus C3's, Kodak 126 instamatics, and I'm getting into box-cameras as well.
I also like collecting 1950's and 60's memorabilia.

What else do you collect?

myk

Enlightened
My other vices:

my DVD, and now Blu-Ray collection. I filled one of those spinning 400DVD racks and had to buy another one for the other side of the TV =( at least its symmetrical now

cables; HDMI, DVI, optical, ethernet, usb, firewire, serial, parallel, adapters, audio cable, etc. Instead of getting screwed at radioshaft or best-try or letting any of my friends or family do so, I stockpile them from monoprice.com (like $4/ 6foot hdmi cable) and sell them at cost. My best estimate is that it cost me the same for an entire box of cables (with multiples of each) for what bestbuy or even WALMART wants for one HDMI cable

paper towels soaked in dog pee; I only collect these for a week at a time, but by the 5th day the collection (which I keep in the garbage) is quite extensive

business cards; I have lots, I'll never call any of these people and I could easily look them up online (as they're mostly co-workers), but I digress

thumbdrive/usb memory keys; I just got the Sandisk Cruzer Titanium - its AWESOME, the other ones are less impressive now =(

Amonra

Enlightened
I have a small collection of strange and original liquer bottles. all of them are empty of course as i drank them all.
which reminds me that i also collect a high alcohol level in my blood on weekends :)

Illum

Flashaholic
heres just a small portion of what I collect other than flashlights, its not much... somehow I feel my room is always so...crowded:ohgeez:

used 9V cells, old print cartridges, bottle caps, screws [I take a part of discarded electronics and save the screws], business cards, shark teeth, surefire advertisements from popular science/mechanics magazines....tiny ziploc bags stuff you buy comes with, unused napkins with different designs... Spent alkali hydrogen emitting fuel rods [lithium primaries, dead, but i dont know what to do with them]
Used pens, TP/paper towel inner carboard rolls, used light bulbs, used hookup wire [stuff I can strip off of electronics people toss out], instruction manuals [from the thick book for the snapper lawn trimmer to the half sheet that comes with nightlights]
Old lecture notes or peoples comments, used film cans [pretty extinct now]... USB extension cables, old glasses, poker card decks from different places [airlines, cruises....oh yes, matches too]

mosport

Enlightened
I've got a growing collection of restaurant take out menus, started off innocently each time we ate out and now family, friends, etc... pick them up for me.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Besides all the flashlights, lasers, and other things that flash, blink, glow, or otherwise emit light, I collect:

Used up old telephone, telegraph, and power insulators
Used up old JVC ghetto blasters
Used up old Commodore computers

Bullzaye

Newly Enlightened
I started collecting guns back in 1984. That got me into hunting and the outdoors, which led into my collecting knives. Now I have 2 large safes full of guns and knives. Except lately I've noticed that there are more and more flashlights starting to populate the shelves of one of my safes. One of my friends recently chided me on my growing collection of flashlights. She said she could understand collecting guns...they're useful. But after you acquire one or two flashlights, what's the point of anymore, especially considering the cost of a few of them?
Tim

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fortunes in fortune cookies, but only from when I get Chinese food from a restaurant. I think it's cheating to buy the bags and take the fortunes out of them. I have several hundred now because family and friends give them to me as well.

PB92

Newly Enlightened
I collect Beretta firearms items, along with Beretta pistols which I shoot in competition.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
CDs, records, tapes (psytrance, techno, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane...)
Swiss Army knives
Every Doctor Who episode I can find
calligraphy pens

Walt175

Enlightened
Other then flashlights, my main collections are Militaria, Comic Books, Coins, and Movie/TV star autographs.