PEAK

Thread: How do I add a photo sensor to a LED nightlight?

Default How do I add a photo sensor to a LED nightlight?

I have been making some LED night lights. I now want to put a photo sensor on them. I have some old 4 watt night lights with a photo sensor BUT they did not work. I believe I am not using enought current? It just a transistor - photo cell - resistor.

Should I change the resistor value. Now it is a RGB then gold one so it is 25 then 7 for the multipler? Should I up it or lower it?

The transistor is 40
    TagT4

Thanks

Default Re: How do I add a photo sensor to a LED nightlight?

the only photocell I have is hooked to a potentiometer to adjust the amount of light required for activation.

I recently stumbled onto some LED nightlight replacement bulbs that essentially screw in place of the 7 watt bulbs found in most cheap nightlights. These have 3 5mm LED and claim to cost 25 cents a year when operated 12hours/day so for 50 cents a year 24/7 I put one in my fridge door where the water/ice dispenser is and lights up the kitchen and another in the living room over the answering machine. I got the bulbs in 2packs at walgreens for $3.99.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

I wonder if they would work?
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...id=prod2419636

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc
    I recently stumbled onto some LED nightlight replacement bulbs that essentially screw in place of the 7 watt bulbs found in most cheap nightlights. These have 3 5mm LED and claim to cost 25 cents a year when operated 12hours/day so for 50 cents a year 24/7 I put one in my fridge door where the water/ice dispenser is and lights up the kitchen and another in the living room over the answering machine. I got the bulbs in 2packs at walgreens for $3.99.