Anyone have thermal vision gear?

St8kout

Newly Enlightened
Saw this on an army site. The military guys get to play with all the cool toys.:drool:

thermalbmw.jpg

Last edited:

*Retired*
Sure, I worked and repaired the weapons control/target detection, ranging, bearing, and target tracking related versions of the stuff to the component level in the military since 1987. I was hired by www.FLIR.com when I got out after 12 years of honorable service. Later, I went to for work for another company, seeking even greener pastures on the other side of the fence.

*Retired*

ScottyJ

Enlightened
That FLIR stuff is way cool. I have some grade A gen 3 nightvision, and FLIR makes it look not so good. If I ever win the lottery.....

Isn't that stuff around 10-15K?

max52

Newly Enlightened
Evan Tad
Do expect street prices to get down to the 5G range, or do you think prices have stabilized?

EVAN_TAD

Newly Enlightened
I don't sell night vision but I remember the first 'affordable' TI back around 1999 were about $15G.

LEDoutlet

Newly Enlightened
The Price for Thermal Imaging depends on what you want. do you want radiometric imaging or simply colorful pictures? resolution? the cheapest ones are 160*120 and a slow refresh rate (15-20ish FPS) the most expensive are 640*480 (new camera by flir) and a nice 60fps. cheapest=8000US(approx) most expensive=50,000US (approx). For playing around/building diagnostics 8000 should be fine but if you need better quality you have to pay to play.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
We have a Thermal Imaging Unit at work, and I have used it several times. It is fun to use, but I enjoy the NVG alot better.