ArmyTek
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best assisted-open combat folder for EDC?

I would take a ZT 0350 or if you like it heavier and larger then a ZT 0300.

Default Re: What's the best assisted-open combat folder for EDC?

I am going to have to go with my CRKT M16- 14DSFG Desert Tan Tanto with veff serations. It's not assisted but certainly fast as or faster than any of them with the dual carson flippers and at a bit over 9 inches in length a beast to reckon with. Don't get me wrong I've got plenty of knives and some are assited that I like better yet here's what I've got, a Benchmade Full Size Griptilian, Kershaw Blackout Assisted, Kershaw Black Blur Assisted, CRKT M21 12G, Benchmade HK Monochrome Black and a SOG Trident Assited.

I'm going to stick with the CRKT M15-14DSFG IMO to be the best combat folder for EDC even though it's a little big it's easily hidden and pretty light and heavy duty.
    Last edited by lightinsky; 09-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yalskey View Post
    Yeah!!! That's what I want to know.

I kinda pissed that it isn't spring loaded, because that is what I wanted... but if taking it out of my pocket makes it deploy that's fine too... but would it do it with sweat pants? dress slacks? or just jeans / tight pants?

I don't want to engrain a survival conditioned response that doesn't include me deploying my knife and have the thing not deploy for me... in other words, I don't want to get used to or rely on something that may not work all the time.

With a spring loaded knife, I get in the habit of deploying the blade myself so I know that's what I would do by reaction. I just don't know about this... maybe I should hold off judgment until I try it out for a while.
    I do like assisted knives, but everyone I have had has broke or worn out over time. IMO waves are much more reliable they are a part of the blade. If you want to take that one step further fixed blade will always be the most reliable. Blade steel is just one of those things you will just have to decide for yourself I like s30v, m4, and 3v all of which are cpm. Just remember as far as self defense goes with blades I suggest to be careful about that, would rather be in a court room saying " The assailant demonstrated deadly force towards me and I preceded to defend my life when I shot him." than stabed/cut him. But if you really think you will indeed die, then you use what you got. Here is a site everyone should visit..............nononsenseselfdefense.com
    Last edited by TheExpert; 09-22-2012 at 02:47 AM.
    WTB- Spyderco Para2. Oveready sure x300 weapon light.

I would say the best would be Emerson "wave" feature , it is definitely the fastest to deploy