This morning without thinking I put a 14500 on to charge (universal smart charger), I didn't check the switch setting, I was going about my business in the office when there was a very loud explosion, about as loud as a large fire cracker, I smelt carpet burning and my wife came into see if I was still alive. I had without thinking put the battery on to charge with the charger set to the two cell setting. Right now I'm about halfway through cleaning up the mess, the batteries internals were spread all over the room. The battery must have ruptured at the positive end as the wall in that direction is just covered with black crap, the battery casing took off in the negative facing direction leaving quite a dent in the wall..
The battery was sitting on another charger
Some of the black crap
Dent in the wall