DX Ultrafire Cree, Regulator, Reflector Lamp Assembly Drop in new

ROVER

Newly Enlightened
My only concern is the comments he made about the light using this dropin saying it was dissapointingly dim considering it's supposed to be running a cree at 900ma.

This would be awesome if we could confirm this is surefire compatable and that the regulator has been improved since the module was used in the complete light.

ROVER

Newly Enlightened
I just asked Kyle, and he said this is the same circuit as before. That's dissapointing in a way, but I am impressed with his honesty and the speed he replied.

tome

Newly Enlightened
Scattergun said:
Almost worth buying just to check....

I just did :ohgeez:(but rather for fitment than regulation)

I'm going to try it in a d26 compatible weapon-light who's lamp has blown so i'll post up whether it fits or not when i receive it. Can't do a runtime test i'm afraid because the body is terrible at dissapating heat.

Tome

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
This unit has the same dimensions as the one in my FT-01 with a Luxeon. Cheap upgrade to a Cree if it should work.
I've also noted another similarity. The OP reflector on the U2-Style 3W Cree looks like the one in the D-mini.

ginaz

Enlightened
so am i right in thinking this would fit the brinkman maxfire?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tome - Looking forward to your check of compatibility. It does look just like the Huntlight FT-01 module, which does not fit in a Surefire, but the P60/D26 LAs do fit in the Huntlight. I'm hoping it fits in a D26-compatible light, but if it's identical in dimensions to the FT-01 module, I doubt it.

Nake - good info on the reflector. I've really been eyeing that U2-style Cree light from DX. That and the Ultrafire light from Dae, but Dae's light doesn't seem like it's driving the LED very hard which is disappointing.

LV426

Enlightened
Any news on this LA?
D26 compatible?
Output (compared to WolfEyes)?

luminari

Newly Enlightened
I wonder, why not let it crank to 1000 mA or 1200 mA? Many of these lights have two stage tails anyways. I'd buy it if they did that. I know thermal might be an issue, but with two stages or snug fitting aluminum body it should be ok (right? :D)

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figure if it's not bright enough regulated then I will mod and direct drive off 17670 or 18650.
luminari said:
I wonder, why not let it crank to 1000 mA or 1200 mA? Many of these lights have two stage tails anyways. I'd buy it if they did that. I know thermal might be an issue, but with two stages or snug fitting aluminum body it should be ok (right? :D)

tome

Newly Enlightened
Ours arrived yesterday and they fit easily into both my weaponlight and my friend's G&G Surefire clone. It is pretty bright with a concentrated spot of about 20cm wide at 2 meters and plenty of bright spill as to be expected of the xr-e.

As it says on Kyle's site (at least on the 501b page, which shares this lamp assembly) it does seem to be underperforming given that the specification is 900mA. It is noticabley dimmer than my scratch built bike light running at 700mA with a ledil 7 degree diffuser lens when shone onto a surface at 1 inch away.

However, given the price compared to other drop-in crees we are both very happy with the item. All in all, if it proves to be durable, it's good value for money.