How to repair a Fenix L1P clickie?

akromat

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone! I am a soon-to-be-flashoholic and this is my first post on this forum.

I bought a Fenix L1P from TadGear some months ago and I noticed the clickie button did not work properly from the moment I opened the box. Sometimes I need to press it several times to turn the flashlight on/off and sometimes it lights itself up without me pressing the button. It's like a "ghostlight".
My question to you more experienced forum members who may have had this problem yourselves is if there is a way to repair it.
I have a soldering iron if it will be needed and think I can manage fixing it with the proper instructions but i don't quite know what the problem is and where to begin.
Input on advice for this problem is much appreciated.

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Have you removed the switch and made sure the contact points with the body of the light are clean? In my case the lock-ring for the switch simply needed tightening. Of course I only realized that after I ordered another one (just the switch, not the whole tailcap assembly) from the Fenix-store :).

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
akromat said:
Hi everyone! I am a soon-to-be-flashoholic and this is my first post on this forum.

I bought a Fenix L1P from TadGear some months ago and I noticed the clickie button did not work properly from the moment I opened the box.

Just send it back for replacement !