i got a surefire and i need to be reasured

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
it was 6p original gun metal and a black (i supose)extender to 9p. i said to myself that i could use it for self defence with the p91 hola. spent- around 75 bucks .

did i do the write thing? i felt i had to have a sf since i gave my e2 to quickbeam. i think i did a bad thing
frown.gif
frown.gif
what do you 6p /9p owners think?

PhilAlex

Enlightened
Aragorn:

Your purchase has put you on suspension with any "Tax Supported Facilty" in the world.

I've told you that the "round Beam" is not usable.

You could have bought many more flashlights that are cheaper. You just bought the best flashlight on the planet...

How could you?

(Joke! Massive joke here!)

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm not a 6p/9p owner, but I can't believe you wimped out and got one of them..you should have got an M4!!
smile.gif

Oh, did I mention that I'm an M4 owner?

Yeah yeah, so it costs about 3 times as much. But you get 3 times as much light out of it...

Graham

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:

did i do the write thing? i felt i had to have a sf since i gave my e2 to quickbeam. i think i did a bad thing
frown.gif
frown.gif
what do you 6p /9p owners think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aragorn,

Despite your youth you are highly intelligent** and unusually capable. It's clear that you know the answer to your own question, but if you like I'll spell it out:

You did the right thing and you'll never regret it.

Brightnorm

** (As if the two were mutually contradictory!)

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a really good choice for a SF,
there are so many accessories for the P-series.
You can already use the P60, P61, P90 and P91.
Later, you can add quite cheaply:
SIS, the shock-isolated head,
the Turbohead,
the clickie switch,
a rechargeable option (with two different possible body adapters) (And remember, you can B65 power a P61 with 120 Lu for 12-18 minutes)
Lexan lenses, but user-replaceable

Is there a possibility of building it into an M4: is there ?

No worries, just love it and it will love you back.

lightlover

Ps - B-norm: Never Trust Anyone Under Thirty ...

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TCPilot:
'k wait a minute....

..are y'all telling me I can use a P90/91 LA in my 6P? Could it be? Be honest now...

WOOOOHOOOO!

/TCP
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if you are using 3 batteries!

To do this, buy an A19 body tube extender. It extends the body long enough to add a 3rd battery to your 6P. You now have a 9P and can (only) use 9 volt lamp in it. Like the p90 & P91 or a 9v turbohead.

Once you do that, then you should get a 3" turbohead for it.
wink.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aragorn, If I were you I would look at getting a 3" turbohead for the 6/9P you just got. It will throw light amazingly far!
shocked.gif
See with a 6P, you can always add to it. And, you can turn it back into a 6P again! Very good choice! If you like beamshapers, get an E series one and pop out the lens to it, then drop it into the bezel with the LA & now you have an invisible beamshaper!
smile.gif
You have many options with it!

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened
Sean...dang you! See what you've done? You've made one of my very first purchases superfluous! If I could have done this to my 6P all along, why the heck did I order a D3????

AAAAAARGGGHHH!

/TCP

PS: Where the hell do I get an A19 Body Tube Extender? AAAAAAAHH! I'm a totally helpless newbie! DAMN these part numbers!!!

Size15's

Flashaholic
grin.gif

Part numbers are part of what makes SureFires so interesting!
wink.gif

The 6P is an amazing place to start. With the 6P, you don't got no clip or "stuff" that will be silly when you start messing with adaptors and such.

I tells you this though:
"Double check your that lamp is the correct one for the battery setup you're using."
"If you don't have one, get a Z41 LOTC."
"Ask boss for payrise - you'll need it!"

Have fun!

Al
grin.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking my inspiration from the Ultimate P-series Construction kit thread over at the SFDB, I started my version of the kit. But instead of starting with a 3P/Z2 I started with the 6P. I see no need for a single cell Sure Fire (well... maybe the E1/E1e
grin.gif
) and the 6P is so versatile. My kit now includes a 6P, 2 A19's, P60, P61, P90, P91 ,T1/N1 and an M2 bezel. What's next is an N2, MN60 and maybe a KR2. Plus spares carrier, covers, filters, beamshapers...

You did the right thing. Giving the E2 away was a nice gesture. But you need to move on. Start by getting an E2e plus an A19/P91 for your 6P.
grin.gif

TCPilot, the A19 was discontinued. But thanks to lightlover it will be in production again. In the meantime you'll have to find some leftovers. Try www.lagger-pro.com

P.S. As nice as the 6P+A19+P90/P91 is, it didn't stop me from getting a used P9. The predecessor to the D3.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You did the right thing. You can't go wrong with the 6P, as there are sooo many configurations that you can put together with it.

Congrats!!

Eric

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
TCPilot,
just to make things clear,

6P = a 2-cell, which will run the P60 and P61
6P + A19 body extender = a 9P, a 3-cell, which will run the P90 and P91.

6P + an A14 body extender = a 6R,
(Which is the rechargeable set-up, running the P61 for 12-18 minutes. Of course, you need a B65, [or two/three] plus the charging cradle and wall-transformer, etc. These are all available as a kit, "the KR2, 6P to rechargeable".)

If you have a
6P + A19 + an A20 = 6R
(A20 is another body extender ~1" long, which will make your 9P longer without needing the A14).

Once it's made up to a 6R, (the longest style) whichever way, there is a ###, "blank battery" thingie, which allows you to leave the body parts in place, but insert that "blank", and you can use it as a 2-cell without removing the body extenders.
(I forget the number for it, but it's not the Z20, which is just a blank 123 length. Will look it up ... )

[Edit - looked it up, and it's the *Z29*, "Converts 6R back to a 2-cell lithium without taking any body extensions off."]

Clear as mud ?

let me know,

lightlover :baffled:

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
asserize every thing i allways say and now i wonder if the extenders canbe stacked you know - 4 extenders and dummy batt the thing so it stays 9 v and you get a nightstick
shocked.gif
i always loved legos until i got to smart for them and lost interest -this thing got a pyrex lens ? i see a 500 lum mod in my future.
wink.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK guys, beware, not all 6p are the same... Well, at least the two that I have are not. One is a vintage 1989 and the other is just a "baby", maybe 2 years old.

This morning I went out and bought an A19 adapter, and a N2 bulb to use in my T1 turbo head. Got home, put it together, and nothing worked..what gives? Tested the batteries in another SF..they were OK. Obviously, must have a bad bulb? Right ?

Another 30 minute drive my back to my dealer.. bulb exchanged, but still didn't work in my 6p with A19, Now what ?

Ok, time to start swaping body parts, exchanging turbo heads, switches, bulbs and adapters. The turbo, batteries and switch, all worked fine in a 9p body, so the problem had to be the 6p with the a19 adapter??

Long story short, the body of the "old" 6p is 3/16" shorter than the current model, and the switch "bottoms out" before making contact with the battery

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
Ps - B-norm: Never Trust Anyone Under Thirty ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lightlover,

That phrase brings back many fond memories of the roaring 60's...Ahh, youth!

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
OK guys, beware, not all 6p are the same... Long story short, the body of the "old" 6p is 3/16" shorter than the current model, and the switch "bottoms out" before making contact with the battery<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ted B,

Not only that, I have two "old" P6's with that same discrepancy. I also noticed a slightly different design between two "old" T1/2's.

One of the things I like about Surefire is that they never "rest on their laurels; they're constantly experimenting, making subtle (often unannounced} changes to their products. One unfortunate byproduct of this otherwise progressive philosophy is the type of problem you describe.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
Ted B,

Not only that, I have two "old" P6's with that same discrepancy. I also noticed a slightly different design between two "old" T1/2's.

One of the things I like about Surefire is that they never "rest on their laurels"; they're constantly experimenting, making subtle (often unannounced} changes to their products. One unfortunate byproduct of this otherwise progressive philosophy is the type of problem you describe.

Brightnorm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>