Just got my G3--has a glass window!

Cribbage

Newly Enlightened
Just received my G3 from Bright Guy. What a great light! I'm gonna really like this one! I'm glad I bought it over the 9P; I really like how the nitrolon feels.

Anyway, It comes with a glass lens! Cool! SF is an the ball, as usual!

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G3 has been listed with a Pyrex window from the start unlike the G2 which AFAIK is still polycarbonate. This might be due to the higher outputs of the P90 & P91 LA's.

Also the bezel is a different style than the G2. Looks more like a standard 6P, 9P bezel.

Mark

ptirmal

Enlightened
I want one but I'm curious as to how the heat dissipation is with a p90, more so with a p91

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
The hotter the Better in a Ican!!! Well as long as it aint my hand thats hotter...

Size15's

Flashaholic
The G3 use the same bezel as the G2Z which does as has been noted feature a Pyrex window rather than the Lexan window of the G2.
This is due to the additional heat generated by the higher output P90/P91 Lamp Assemblies used by the G3.

Al

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone confirm whether two 17500's fit in the G3 or not? Just wondering since SF has been making some tighter diameter bodies lately.

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
leukos said:
Can anyone confirm whether two 17500's fit in the G3 or not? Just wondering since SF has been making some tighter diameter bodies lately.
What is the diameter of the 17500's? It may not fit.
My G3's i.d. is 0.675inch or 17.145mm.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Does the G3 come with a clickie or you have to buy the clickie separately?

Beam shots of G3 anyone??? :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
The G3 comes with SureFire's standard push-button pressure switch LockOut TailCap. You don't have to buy a clickie but if you want one for your G3 you will have to.
Al

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

Got my SF G3 a few days ago and I have ordered some spare lamps from www.lumensfactory.com; SR-9 9V 220 Lumen vs P91 200 Lumen, and 60 min. vs 20 min. .... just to be on the "safe" side...:whistle:

Does anybody know if it would be "safe" to use HO-9 (320 lumen, 40 min.) in it ?

PA

cfromc

Enlightened
Keep in mind, the 220 lumens is bulb lumens and not directly comparable to SF's rating. I contacted lumens factory a while back about the E0-9 and was told it would be fine for up to 5-10 minute runs. I imagine the HO-9 would be fine too, but I have no direct knowledge of that. I believe there was a comparison a while back of the P91 vs. the E0-9 and the P91 had brighter spill, but the E0-9 a comparable hot spot (don't remember exactly). IIRC, the P91's overall output was more, which makes sense since the P91 runs at a higher amperage. Also, I contacted Surefire and was told that the P91 would run fine in the G3 for 20 minute runs (which is also how long the batteries are rated for with that lamp). If you wanted something close to the P91 but with more run-time, then the EO-9 should be good, just don't run it for extended periods.

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
Per Arne said:
Does anybody know if it would be "safe" to use HO-9 (320 lumen, 40 min.) in it ?PA
Yep, I try the LF HO-9 in my G3 with a duty cycle of 10 minutes on/off. A set of 3 Titaniums last about 1 hour (it's nice and bright for the first half, though).

SunStar

Enlightened
Just a word of caution on the E09... during a test run, it melted my Lexan window within 10 minutes of runtime.

The E09 does have a very bright, white hotspot and is a decent thrower. For tactical use, stick with the P91. You'll see more peripherally with its consistent spill and heat output must be somewhat lower than the EO9. For play, the EO9 is fun for "spotting" things in the trees and such.

I did get around 30 minutes of total runtime using AW 17500's doing runs 6-7 minutes in duration then cooling for 3 minutes. At t=31, the EO9 is less bright than a P90. Compare that to 26 minutes for the P91 on a constant run. I haven't tested the EO9 using primaries. But if using primaries, personally I'll be using the P91 anyway.