Maxpedition - Knives and Tools

Thread: Benchmade griptilian or vex or...

Flashaholic

Default Benchmade griptilian or vex or...

Just looking to get a new knife mostly just for cutting up food on the go or hikinng/camping/killing people when I need to and so on etc... want something under $70.

Anyone have anything to say about either of these?

Default Re: Benchmade griptilian or vex or...

I have both and the Grip is nicer, in my opinion. i like the Axis lock and sheepsfoot blade.

the Vex has a nice coating and i like the blade shape. and you cant beat it for the price.
    it you want a NIB Vex, pm me.
    chris
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Flashaholic*

Not exactly what you asked about, I'd take a look at the Spyderco Salt series (specifically the Salt I or Pacific Salt) for food duty, since these knives are made with rustproof steel and the entire knife is designed for wet/dirty work. The nice thing is that you can just rinse off the entire knife, put it away wet, and not worry about rusting later on.

The only BM I have is the 530- my EDC as of late. After checking out one of these, every other knife feels too heavy and has too small of the blade for the handle size/overall size of the knife. It looks really cool too .

I can only comment on the Griptillian. I have both the large and small versions. Both are excellent knives and have held up well for the past few years.
    www.EDCdepot.com Please use the coupon code CPF to receive your 5% discount on all purchases. If we carry it, so should you. FREE Spy Capsule with every order.

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

I love my mini-grip. Top notch!
    john

Flashaholic

Go Griptilian.