Benchmade griptilian or vex or...

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Just looking to get a new knife mostly just for cutting up food on the go or hikinng/camping/killing people when I need to and so on etc... want something under $70.

Anyone have anything to say about either of these?

moeman

Enlightened
I have both and the Grip is nicer, in my opinion. i like the Axis lock and sheepsfoot blade.

the Vex has a nice coating and i like the blade shape. and you cant beat it for the price.
it you want a NIB Vex, pm me.
chris

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly what you asked about, I'd take a look at the Spyderco Salt series (specifically the Salt I or Pacific Salt) for food duty, since these knives are made with rustproof steel and the entire knife is designed for wet/dirty work. The nice thing is that you can just rinse off the entire knife, put it away wet, and not worry about rusting later on.

The only BM I have is the 530- my EDC as of late. After checking out one of these, every other knife feels too heavy and has too small of the blade for the handle size/overall size of the knife. It looks really cool too :).

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I can only comment on the Griptillian. I have both the large and small versions. Both are excellent knives and have held up well for the past few years.