Fenix ano changes?

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
I couldn't help to notice in each of the pics of the new fenix lights (e.g. l1d ce) that the ano is much smoother and sleeker than their old lghts. I was just wondering if this was just a cosmetic change or did they actually toughen up their ano? Thanks in advanced.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the New LOD CE and earlier Fenix L1P, the anodizing on the new Fenix is definately smoother with more of a shine, I'm not to sure if is tougher as I haven't tried to cut through it

mchlwise

Enlightened
D@rk Messenger said:
Has anyone done any testing to determine this? (for the toughness of the ano , i.e. how does it hold up to edcing with keys?)

I haven't done anything that would be considered scientific, and the L1DCE that I just bought won't be edcing on my keys, but...

I did try my x-acto knife on the inside of the body tube test, comparing it to my JetBeam, and it's comparable to the JetBeam and definitely stronger than it used to be.

jHO

Newly Enlightened
Ah that's good to hear. Might persuade me to but some more lights as Fenix are one of the only good brands I can get here while staying within my small budget.

FatalDeception

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, Ive been EDCing my L0D-CE for the last 2 weeks..
no cosmetic damage, except for a little scuffing from the split ring..