Which Strider Folder

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Hey Strider fans out there, which Strider folder are you prefered between SnG and AR? Tell me why are you choosing them? give me quick review on that knives? And which online Strider dealer is the best?

hktome

Newly Enlightened
i am looking at the sng, i think it looks really cooland slick. i am not on my own computer right now so i cant give you a good website.

BTW this is the same person that told you about the M6 holsters a while back, iam just on my friends name as i was looking some stuff up for him.

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Oh thank you HKtome, have you owned the SnG? which Gen? how its work for you?.

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
I have a SnG Gen I from the VERY first run #34 Tanto

and a SnG Gen V tanto

There were definatly some improvments: Thicker Ti Lock side, Larger stronger pivot hardware, and a device that stops the lock bar from getting bent the wrong way.

For me AR's and GB's are way too bulky, I would like an SmF though.

For your first go with the SnG its midsized and should be slightly easier to find then the SmF

try www.tadgear.com

paskal

Newly Enlightened
the SmF is out of my budget BTW it is the good knives in the folder line up

knifebright

Enlightened
If your tossed between the two a more fair comparison should be between an SMF and an AR/GB. the Sng is smaller and my favorite but an AR is about the same lenth as an SMF but much thicker. here are a couple shots of mine however i don't have a full size AR but tommorow i can give you a picture of my cut Modified AR "embryo" against an sng.
IMG_1118.jpg

jimmy

Last edited:

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Woah high vote on SnG. but which model is you guys think "it's built like a tank".

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Whoa, i just cant say anything with your SmF lineup. How much you pay for all?. Now got one saying that AR is tough built.

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
I am going to have to say go AR. It is heavy and big and if you don't have a belt sheath for it then it may become cumbersome indeed as a pocket carry. If you plan to carry it for a particular reason like HEAVY cutting the I would go AR. If it is your EDC then I would go SNG. I EDC a GB and wouldn't change that for the world. So you would have to decide at that point.

by the way...all Striders are built like a TANK in my humble opinion...

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Hmm i dont my mind about size. I can EDC the knife in my bag. But if you said its for heavy cutting, i think the AR is a nice score for me. I need the knife that i can use for whole of my life. But the flamed stripped at the back of SnG is still haunted me.

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
This is the deal about buying a knife...in my eyes...

1. Get one that fits what you plan to do with it.
2. Get one that fits HOW you plan to carry it.
3. Get one that fits your hand.

The SNG and AR are 2 different animals. The SNG will do tasks that the AR will do just as well but the AR is heavier and more bulky so it will most likely be able to handle heavy tasks better. The SNG could probably do the same but then again it is a smaller handle and blade which brings me back to the 1-3 above. You gotta get what matches YOU best...GOOD LUCK and welcome to STRIDER-dom. It is a slippery slope...just wait...you will buy the other VERY soon...

paskal

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much BladdeDogg in suggestion. BTW welcome to CPF. Your signature is exactly what i will do when changing the battery to make sure how bright the light is.

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
justsomeguy said:
Hi Y'all,

There is an interesting new thread about Strider on Blade Forums...

That thread attached to this one will cause some problems here at CPF. Mark my words.

Just for everyone sake I will say that I support Mick and the Strider crew 100%. Anyone that smears someone like that thread is not honorable in my book.

As a newbie here I apologize for me sudden remarks.

knifebright

Enlightened
If your interested in knife politics maybe thats a good read over at blade forums. If you intersted in picking up a badass blade that will treat you well with a great warrenty grab a strider. BTW the SMF/SNG and the AR/GB series are all built like tanks. The GB/AR series just happen to be bigger tougher tanks.

here are a few pictures of my AR and my SNG. Please note that my AR has been modified and is shorter than a regular AR/GB both handle and blade however the thickness has not changed so it should give you an idea. The regular AR is more the length of the SMF were as i'm comparing an SNG and the Modifed AR Embryo. I'm going to agree with what has already been said. If you looking for pocket EDC get either an SNG or an SMF (bigger hands get the SMF small hands get the SNG), if you looking for a larger knife for your bag or have big pockets get the AR/GB.
IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

jimmy

Last edited:

paskal

Newly Enlightened
I dont mind anything what is Mick has been done before. I will support him as long as he produce a great knives. Normally people will talking bad about us when we done a good thing.
Thanks knifebright for the pic now i can see the comparison. I will go for AR Ranger Green. In the future if i need the smaller knife i will get a PT. It's have a same design as a SMF/SNG but smallest size

yalskey

Enlightened
Here's a question.... why when you go to Striderknives.com, is there no information about their knives???

You click on the folders section, then click on a knife, and there is a picture but zero other information besides the price.

What's up with that????

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
I'd try to hold them in my hand first, I've got a mint MSC GB NM for sell right now and the only reason is its just too big!