Ever sharpen your flashlight bezel until it's razor sharp?

cchurchi

Enlightened
I just received a SOG pentagon knife that has a dang sharp serrated edge that I can see myself using all the time and it made me wonder if anyone has sharpened their flashlight bezel to work as a cutting surface. Many lights have bezels designed as a striking surface so sharpening the bezel would make the flashlight that much more effective as a weapon.

The down side would be that you would need a sheath or some sort of removable cover so that you wouldn't slice through your pocket or even worse, your fingers.

If anyone has any photos of this, please post them here.

ginaz

Enlightened
darkops, hellfire anyone? those points would be easy to sharpen

DM51

Flashaholic
You could use one to cut pastry in patterned circles. Or if you've got one of MadMaxabeam's 623s, you could use it as a branding iron.

Led-Ed

Enlightened
I do the opposite-I take a diamond hone tho the very sharp edges to make the light more ergonomic.

Illum

Flashaholic
InfidelCastro said:
Personally, I like my flashlight bezels razor sharp, so that I can shave with them. AND I OFTEN DO.

how do you carry it without it eating through the pocket and leaving bitemarks on your leg?

mike125

Newly Enlightened
simonsays said:
Over here in the UK a sharpened flashlight bezel is liable to get you arrested:rolleyes:

Simon

WOW ! ! ! I knew they were getting very strict on knives, but a flashlight bezel ? WOW ! ! !

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
mike125 said:
WOW ! ! ! I knew they were getting very strict on knives, but a flashlight bezel ? WOW ! ! !

To be honest I wouldnt even risk carrying any of the more aggressive looking bezels (Sharpened or not). Carrying -anything- that is designed to be used as a weapon is liable to get you in bother with the law in the U.K. unless you have a very good reason to be doing so.

'Just in case I have to defend myself' sadly does not count as a good enough reason:sigh:

Simon