New Torch (1st edition ?) - AmiLite Neo T5 SSC P4 U

HgRyu

Enlightened
I got some pictures and specification of Amilite Neo T5, 1st edition of Amilite Neo T3 and would like to share them with you CPFer. :)

The main improvements are SSC P4 (U rank) instead of Lux-III and clickie tail, most of you want including me.... :)

I was said that it'll be released around Feb. 21 right after The Lunar New Year Holiday ( not Harvest holiday :) ) here in Korea.
--> Delayed to next week, end Feb. or early Mar.

I'm sorry that I don't have idea of price yet.
I'll get one end of next week and post price and my first impression.

Here are specifications and some pictures. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

-------------------------------------------------------

☆☆☆ AmiLite Neo T5 SSC P4 U Rank LED ☆☆☆

Battery : One CR123A Lithium battery with 10-year shelf life (Included)
RunTime : High - 1 hour 30 minutes, Low - 10 hours
LED : Seoul Semiconductor P4 (using Cree die - Premium LED)
Construction : CNC machined aircraft-grade aluminum (6061).
O-ring sealed. Strengthen Lens
Dimensions :
20 mm(D) x 94 mm(L) (Head:25mm) : 0.78"(D) x 3.70"(L) (Head:0.98")
94 mm or 3.70 inches Long
25 mm or 0.98 inches Head Diameter
20 mm or 0.78 inches Batterypack Diameter
Reflector :Aluminum reflector - McR20 series reflector made in the US
Type III Hard-anodized
Switch : 2-Stage Clickie, Off - On(15 Lumens) - On (More than 140 Lumens)
Water resistant
Regulation circuitry

Pic#1
t5ssc03mw9.jpg

Pic#2
t5ssc04go4.jpg

Pic#3
t5ssc15dm4.jpg

Pic#4
t5ssc06qc1.jpg

Pic#5
t5ssc02kp8.jpg

Pic#6, Neo T5 (left, McR OP reflector) Vs Huntlight FT01 Cree Version (right, mirror reflector)
Distance 40~50cm, Both in high mode
neot5vshuntcreetx9.jpg

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Interesting! The existing Neo T3 is a very nice light and very bright for a Luxeon this size, so this T5 should be good. A clickie, too, not a twistie. About 20mm longer than the T3, which is quite a difference.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I like the look of the new Neo! Looking forward to more info and pricing!

Libbs

Newly Enlightened
This one looks sweet! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these :D

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
...I have had my Neo T3 for about a year. It is an excellent light. The beam is a good balance between spill and throw and is as artifact free as any light around. It will be interesting to see how the Neo T5 does in comparison. 2 stage clicky tailcaps are nice but in the case of this light it makes it too long to be a good pocket carry.
JC

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. Clickie, nice features and the size is just about right. Beamshot also good comparing it with the P1D CE, brightness about the same with much larger spot. From the front, the head looks like its got quite a thick wall surrounding the reflector. 2 stage and Korean made. Interesting.........I wonder can it take hi-capacity R123s that AW's selling here?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
jumpstat said:
Thanks for the info. Clickie, nice features and the size is just about right. Beamshot also good comparing it with the P1D CE, brightness about the same with much larger spot. From the front, the head looks like its got quite a thick wall surrounding the reflector. 2 stage and Korean made. Interesting.........I wonder can it take hi-capacity R123s that AW's selling here?

You think that it looks like it has similar output as the P1DCE? In those pics it is CRUSHING the P1D!!! Not even close! Look at how incredibly bright the sidespill is.
As long as this light has good flat regulation and can run on 3.7v rechargables I'll be buying one. :rock:

Mad1

Enlightened
:sold:

Where do I sign? :laughing:

I've been waiting a while for this one, I held off getting the Amilite T3 because I didn't like the twisty body and the reflector wasn't great.

Looks like they have upgraded it in all the right places, it would be better if it could tail stand though.

DM51

Flashaholic
Mad1 said:
Where do I sign?
I assume it will appear on the website when they release it (the OP says around Feb 21st).
http://www.amilite.co.kr
Kevin is the contact there - helpful guy.

The T3 is $72, so I don't suppose we'll get much change out of $100 for a T5, but if it squashes the P1D-CE as comprehensively as the pictures above suggest, it will be well worth it IMO.

EDIT: I've just heard from Kevin at Amilite - he says the T5 will be available from about Feb 26 on the website, and the price will be approx $80.

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Torch - AmiLite Neo T5 SSC P4 U

I've been wondering when Amilite would come out with a new light and waiting for the day. I traded my original T3 and have wanted one back ever since. The reflector was very good, I tried an McR20, but kept the stock one in it. Looks nice with that spec. Looks like it is primary only like the T3. I like the two levels. Is the switch reverse clicky?

Please clarify the pictures of beamshots. Is the left picture of the T5 on high and low, and the right of the P1D on high and low, or is the T5 always on the left, P1D on right, just different conditions? Please give more information.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I decided not to buy a T3 because I'd already got some HDS lights and I would never have used it...this T5 though, it's a very nice looking light, great specs, great price.

In short...
sold.gif
Thanks for the "tip-off" HgRyu!

CFU

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know the amilite t3 didnt fit r123.. does this one?

HgRyu

Enlightened
Re: New Torch - AmiLite Neo T5 SSC P4 U

Blindasabat said:
Please clarify the pictures of beamshots. Is the left picture of the T5 on high and low, and the right of the P1D CE on high and low, or is the T5 always on the left, P1D CE on right, just different conditions? Please give more information.

Both on high mode, T5 always on the left, P1D CE on right in each pic, distance of first beam shop is about 1meter, second shot from 40~50cm.

P1D with mirror finish and T5 with OP reflector, spot is similar but T5 have more sidespill. Overall 20~30% brighter than P1D CE.

Some more informations ;

Manufacturer said that,
1) enlarged internal diameter for R123
2) Clickie body is compatible with T3 head :)

Edited some original post...

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder how this will compare to the jetbeam mk2x with li-on.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a T3. It has a very nice beam. Nobody can make a better reflector than AmiLite. The extra length of the T5 seems to come from the clicky on the rear. Some people are willing to make that trade off. This could give the P1D-CE some real competition.