Cree in a SF 6P?

tomcat017

Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

Well...I'm really looking to find a nice light for around $30 as a gift for a friend. I've been having trouble finding anything, and was wondering if I bought a cheap 6P on e-bay (found one for $20) if there was any kind of Cree drop-in (preferably something that can run on rechargeables). Or any other ideas similar to this! Thanks so much for your help! Need to get it soon unfortunately :(. Thanks! All the best -mt

nzgunnie

Enlightened
There are currently 3 different (or not perhaps) drop ins for sale in the Dealers section. I have the Litemania one and it's output is very nice, except it doesn't fit properly....

Read the threads yourself and make up your own mind about each one, but they are out there.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck a Surefire g2 might fit the bill. there are a fenix lights up to the task.
Do yourself a favor stay away from those cheap crappy LED lights they sell on eBay. Go to a place like Lighthound.com or one of the CPF supporting web shops. They often have discounts for Cpf's.
I guess it is like keeping it in the family.

BTW a photon light might do the trick, If you have a FRYS or a REI in your area you ma find just what you are looking for.
Yaesumofo

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Erm, Lighthound has cheapie Chinese lights in its inventory as well... :laughing:
Of course, John's customer service is second to none.

For budget Cree lights, nothing much else beats those I've recommended. And they ain't that bad; in fact in the days of the Golston 7w, a lot of people are already very happy with their 'cheapie' lights and use it for EDC or LEO duty with little complaint.

Btw, didn't see that original poster needed it soon... so I guess ordering it from halfway around the globe is out.... sorry!