ARC LS modification Project IN CHROME!!!!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been working on a project to modify a few ARC LS flashlights buy with a current twist and finish.
I couldn't find the thread so I am starting a new one. Mainly because The project has turned a corner.
I have included some images of the finish that these lights will be done in. it is called CHROME.
I think some of you will agree that it looks pretty sharp.

It really took a long time to come upon the Chrome. Now that the choice has been made I thought I would share it with you.
chromedLS1.jpg

In this image you can see the heatsink we have been working on:
chromedLS1wsink.jpg

It is unique in many ways not to mention that is is machined from tellurium copper. Wait until you feel the smoothness of the chrome combined with the weight of the light. they have heft without being heavy. At least I think so.
chromedls2.jpg

This is about as much as I can give you guys at the moment. More information will be revealed as things progress. Oh I forgot one little detail The light will come with a stock twisty in CHROME as well as a bombelman CR2 twisty. I am hard at work on one other aspect which i can't talk about it but I feel that it will be a real break through for the LS.
Ask as many questions as you like I will respond as best as I can. One think I can say is we will be using a state of the art driver and emitter driven at reasonable levels. The light will not only look beautiful but will work extremely well as well. Our aim is to recreate the ARC LS with the most current emitters and drivers, Remember how great it was? I do I play with mine often I always long for more power. Well this will answer this need I am sure.
Oh By the way NO lists or sale questions please.
This will be very limited but It is not ready for consumption yet so you will have to wait until the time has come.
Yaesumofo

****Peter Gransee of ARC has contacted me. He has asked me to make clear that this project has is not of his design and is not affilatted with ARC in any way and is not a part oF ARC LS revision history.****

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: ARC LS REVIVAL Project IN CHROME!!!!!

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaa! :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

:rock:

Last edited:

Big ED

Newly Enlightened

gimme gimme gimme.....

AvroArrow

Enlightened

Nice, although I thought it may have been something more exotic from the other discussion thread.

A couple questions (if you're allowed to answer them) if you will:
1. Is the CR2 twisty also chromed? It would make sense, but you didn't specify so I thought I'd ask.
2. Since you didn't mention the specifics of the driver, will it run on Primaries or Rechargable (Li-ions)? Or both?
3. Will the LED be relatively easy to replace for those who've got some modding skills? So when the next big thing comes along, we can upgrade it ourselves to keep it up-to-date (like how people are retro-fitting XR-Es and SSC P4s into the old LSes).

greenLED

Flashaholic

:rock: YEAH!! Good to see this puppy finally closer to fruition. Good job, guys.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes. Chrome on all parts which will come with this light.

I can't get into driver specifics yet. I will say that we are going for a driver that will easily drive all modern emitters with. Details soon on this.

Yes. The system is designed for maximum flexibility.
The New heat sink (which you will be hearing more about soon) is designed with the modder in mind. Don't worry if you aren't a modder. In any case it will be easy to access the emitter/driver package. (unlike the original) allowing for total modding ease.

When this project started we had the idea to apply an exotic finish to the LS. Due to materials issues, it became obvious after testing, that delivering a beautiful anodized finish which would have been consistent from part to part and up to the very high standards we have set for this project, would have been pretty much impossible. We made a tough decision to go with Chrome because it is great to look at, EXTREEMELY durable and it is about as cool looking as a finish gets. Go ahead and throw this light into your pocket with your keys. IMHO Chrome is pretty exotic.

I will tell you guys that a lot of work has gone into the development of this project. Those of you who are luck enough to get one of these will be very pleased.

I am very excited about these lights. Again I have to say it.
This light with it's ultra smooth CHROME finish and the heft it just has a very substantial feeling without being heavy. If is just cool. You will see. ...well some of you will anyway.
Yaesumofo

Avro Arrow said:
Nice, although I thought it may have been something more exotic from the other discussion thread.

A couple questions (if you're allowed to answer them) if you will:
1. Is the CR2 twisty also chromed? It would make sense, but you didn't specify so I thought I'd ask.
2. Since you didn't mention the specifics of the driver, will it run on Primaries or Rechargeable (Li-ions)? Or both?
3. Will the LED be relatively easy to replace for those who've got some modding skills? So when the next big thing comes along, we can upgrade it ourselves to keep it up-to-date (like how people are retro-fitting XR-Es and SSC P4s into the old Ladies).

lukus

Enlightened

That is one sexy looking light!

Not asking to be put on a list or how much, but can I ask if you have an idea of how many you'll be building?

Kiessling

Flashaholic

INTERESTING !!!

Now ... primaries?

And ... user interface? KISS?

If two "yes" I am very interested. The good old LS has still a place with me ... :)

bernie

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I guess I really started this crazy activity with an LS. If I'm lucky enough, I'd sure like to get one.

Karl

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

We were (are still) costumers also and we also know what it means when it's difficult to replace the engine/emitter/board etc... We have looked at this issue and found a solution which willwork for every newbie as the experienced modder....

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow.

Very pretty, chaps.

Chrome and ARC LS, what a beautiful combination. Count me in!

To be honest, a new emitter and board doesn't sway me as much as the finish. I'd happily take a stock innards with a new body. But if you're doing variable output, more efficiency etc...maybe new is better. I just think that even with P1D-CE, L1D-CE, HDS, even ARC +4 and any other variable output torches at my (our) disposal these days, with all the flashing and blinking and choices we have, how come I still EDC an old ARC single output LS.

Maybe one of each.

Well done, :popcorn::popcorn:

Be lucky...

Norm

Retired Administrator

What the last bloke said. Very tempting, just hope it's within my price range.
Norm

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beautiful and likely one of the most durable finishes. Why do you think it was used on car bumpers for so long? Not familiar with tellurium copper though other than I see it's used in torches. What are the differences between that and regular copper? This body is being built from scratch? Sounds great if it's affordable and I think one of the things that makes the Firefly appealing is the copper threads in the head to body fit - makes for a very smooth feel in a twisty. Good luck with this project!