Is the Maglite 3C available in colors?

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Is the Maglite 3C available in colors? I've found the 2C and 3D in colors but not the 3C.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a 3C in jade last year.

I believe that C Mags are only made in 2C, 3C and 4C now. Of the Cs I think 2Cs are the only ones that are still manufactured in colors and I'm not so sure that's true. If you can find a colored 3C it will be old stock. Not impossible. Just rare.

Nebula

Enlightened
Krom - I picked up a dark green 3C (circa 1999) new in the package from a fellow CPF'er recently. It had to travel half way 'round the world to get here, but it was worth it. He may have more. Since I have not spoken to him about this I am not comfortable posting his ID here. PM me if you are interested. Kirk

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
C bodies are available in every color, as long as the color is Black.

Just like Model-T Fords!

Occasionally, they may make a colored run, I found some University of Washington Purple ones a year or so ago, and some Crimson red ones about the same time.

But they were exceptions. I think the regular production is all Black and that is all they list.

Supposedly, they make the 6D in Red, but I've never been able to find it either.

Bill

Last edited:

farmall

Enlightened
bwaites said:
C bodies are available in every color, as long as the color is Black.

Just like Model-T Fords!

Occasionally, they may make a colored run, I found some University of Washington Purple ones a year or so ago, and some Crimson red ones about the same time.

But they were exceptions. I think the regular production is all Black and that is all they list.

Supposedly, they make the 6D in Red, but I've never been able to find it either.

Bill
I have a 6d in red.

maglitesales.com

Newly Enlightened
For the C-Cell Maglites, any color other than black is one of three things:

1) a special production run by Maglite (I believe they will do this for orders of 10,000 or more...how many of you need a Blue C-Cell Maglite? :)
2) a modification performed outside of the Maglite factory
3) an old stock Maglite that someone happened to luck upon

And as Icebreak stated, C-Cell maglites are only produced in 2C, 3C and 4C sizes these days.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to complete my 3C colors. I only have them because I can use them with incan mods.
grinser2.gif

I have or have en route black, blue, silver, and jade. What other colors are known to exist? I don't mean heard about, but colors in 3C which satisfy one or more of the following criteria:

1) You've seen it with your own eyes

2) You've seen or can provide a photograph

3) You can supply the model number

Inquiring minds would like to see...:)...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
—would still like a red and purple if they can be confirmed to exist. Don't want to chase phantom colors...:devil:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so red 3C confirmed to exist. Is the purple in 2C or 3C? I already have two purple 2C I am trying to sell. Does 3C purple exist?

moderator007

Enlightened
Okay, so red 3C confirmed to exist. Is the purple in 2C or 3C? I already have two purple 2C I am trying to sell. Does 3C purple exist?
Don't you wish this was still available. I can never find any deals like this until its to late. :shrug:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
"D" cell colors are not so hard to find...certainly easier than "C" cell colors. Keep yer eyes peeled...there is one out there with your name on it...

moderator007

Enlightened
Sorry LEDAdd1ct, I thought it was a 3c until I read the description. It came up on a (purple 3c maglite) google search. So did your black 2c for trade or sale.:) If I come across one I'll let you know for sure.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty funny! Yes, Google can take a little while to index you, but once Google's got you—

be prepared to be found!

I appreciate you keeping an eye out.